PDA

View Full Version : Soaking Sponges

kelseygirl
09-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Well, I finally entered the world of sponge filters and will say goodbye to my power filter. :) With the the help of Ryan from Clermont I am the proud owner of three large Azoo sponge filters. But as usual, I have questions. Is it really necessary to soak them in clear water for 24-48 hours? The directions say to do this on the box (as least the ones in English!!) and I figured I may not be the only person wondering this. The pair are shaking and picking like crazy, and I'd like to get them in the tank. I put them in a bucket to soak this afternoon. Thanks to anyone that can answer. With the storm coming, I just KNOW they will spawn early this week. Thanks, Janice

etr63
09-01-2004, 10:00 PM
HI Kelseygirl

I use the Hydrosponge filters. All I do is place the sponge in the tank and squeeze the life out of it. You just need to get the air out of it so it will stay on the bottom.

HTH
Earl

kelseygirl
09-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to get the Hydrosponges, but when I went to order them, the company said that the company that makes the Hydrosponges had gone out of business. :o I figured I better get something I knew I could get replacements for. Janice

RyanH
09-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Hey Kelseygirl,

Who told you that? I just checked out several sites and they all seemed to have them in stock. Hmmm. ???

kelseygirl
09-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Ryan, I'm posting the website that I learned that from, (unless it's bogus information). It's Aquatic Eco-Systems in Apopka, FL. Let me know if you find out otherwise. Janice

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/4927/cid/1340

Carol_Roberts
09-02-2004, 12:42 PM
I think you can queeze out the air bubbles and use. Be sure you have a cycled filter on the tank while waiting for the new sponge filters to cycle