PDA

View Full Version : Visitng Toronto area .....

Papineau
09-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Hi fellow Ontarians :)

I am a displaced BC boy, now living in Montreal. Planning to come down to TO to pick up some fantastic discus. I don't know greaterTO that well, can anyone suggest a few good discus retailers or hobby-breeders I can visit?? I am dreaming to get a few golden diamonds or solid golden variety. However, I am more than happy to acquire nice clean leopards or SS varieties as well.

Not much going on in Montreal. LFS only carries small mutts juvies with crazy names at outrageous retail price! All the fishes here are kept in connected tanks at pH7.6, that's may be the reason that they look so BAD :-\

Hope I will hear back from you guys, my wonderful discusmaniac community 'hors du Québec'. PQ is talking about referendum again .... I am tempted to give them some de-worming meds!! ;D

Patrick

Barb Newell
09-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Hi Patrick, email me when you get into town. I have some rose reds, red snakeskins and golden pigeon snakeskins right now.

Barb

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=14866

Veela
09-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Who has RSG cross from wild stock in T.O area.? Ring Leopard? dust -free red or gold melon?
V.

Papineau
09-07-2004, 08:21 AM
Hi Barb,

I am planning to head down to Toronto at the end od this month. I hope to visit you then :)

Patrick

Hi Patrick, email me when you get into town. I have some rose reds, red snakeskins and golden pigeon snakeskins right now.

Barb

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=14866

Barb Newell
09-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Hi Patrick, I look forward to meeting you.

Word of warning; In your plans to buy new fish (wherever you get them) ALWAYS have separate quarantine tanks ready for new fish that you buy from different sources and keep them separate for a QT period. Then put one fish from each group together.

I heard a really sad story yesterday, someone bought ocean greens from me months ago, apparently they were thriving, growing well, healthy. They bought new fish recently, put them in with the ocean greens without quarantining, and lost every single green. The new fish lived, they must have been carriers of some disease.

Barb

Papineau
09-08-2004, 12:15 AM
Thanks Bard for your advice. That will be a sad turn of events, when the new guys take out the residents! Will email you when I am heading down to TO. Thanks.

Patrick

Hi Patrick, I look forward to meeting you.

Word of warning; In your plans to buy new fish (wherever you get them) ALWAYS have separate quarantine tanks ready for new fish that you buy from different sources and keep them separate for a QT period. Then put one fish from each group together.

I heard a really sad story yesterday, someone bought ocean greens from me months ago, apparently they were thriving, growing well, healthy. They bought new fish recently, put them in with the ocean greens without quarantining, and lost every single green. The new fish lived, they must have been carriers of some disease.

Barb