PDA

View Full Version : Tank makes for discus for cleaning up...

hirst_cb
09-04-2004, 03:43 PM
hey guys and girls... I am wanting to put something in my 2 discus tanks for clean-up... I have a lot of different types of bottom feeders that would work but i dont know about the temperature - I have corys and different types of loaches but I am unsure of the temperature - I keep most of my tanks around 80-82 degrees anyways for my cichlids and angels but again unsure of the temps??? I keep 1 tank at 84 and 1 at 86 degrees. When I take some pics I will post some blue SS and blue heavens i got from cary acouple of weeks ago and some VR and BD.... until then please let me know what would work with the temperature.... :-\ :-\ ::)

chris

Howie_W
09-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi Chris,

Ancistrus (a.ka. bristlenose or busynose plecos) do well in Discus tanks, and are great for keeping the glass clean and eating some of the uneaten food.

Howie

brandy
09-04-2004, 04:44 PM
Howie's right, ancistrus are an excellent choice. Corys are also fine in discus tanks. I regularly keep my corys and ancistrus in tanks that are 84-86 degrees. I've even had them at temps as high as 89 for a few days. They seemed to do fine. Salt and medications such as metro and formalin don't bother them. I've heard that fluke tabs will kill them though.

gary1218
09-05-2004, 08:12 AM
I like colorful blue rams :D

GARY

Sayersweb
09-05-2004, 09:17 AM
I have Blue Rams, Panda Corys, Dwarf Neon Rainbows, and a pleco with discus in a 120 gallon. Never have to worry if all the food will be eaten in the tank.... More waste to remove though at water changes.

keith_cny
09-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Hey Gary!

Are you breeding those Rams??

Keith