PDA

View Full Version : Help They went and laid eggs

GIT
09-06-2004, 05:39 PM
OK so now what do I do 2 fish paired off and layed eggs, there is another 3 discus in the tank 2 corys and a small pleco do I need to get these out ? another problem maybe that I have a external cannister for filtration although I do have a prefilter sponge on it
What can I do to try and get these eggs to being fry and beyond ?

Nick ;D

Barb Newell
09-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Hi Nick, congratulations!!

Are they a proven pair, have they had wigglers before? You could put an eggcrate divider in the tank so they're not bothered by the other fish.

If I were you, I'd leave them this time, if you get wigglers move them for the next spawn. I've tried moving a pair with their eggs on a cone, it was a disaster. After moving the cone, then the fish......they attacked each other :argue:, fought, then ate the eggs. Bad experience all around.

Barb

GIT
09-06-2004, 05:50 PM
No this is first time for them and for me !!

Dkarc@Aol.com
09-06-2004, 06:09 PM
I would leave them in the tank and let them practice in there. Just do everything as you normally have been doing before this (w/c's, feeding, etc....)

-Ryan

GIT
09-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Will do, if by sheer chance they hatch what should I do ? . should I move parents and offspring to new tank or move all the others to a new tank bearing in mind the filtration methods I employ in the planted show tank (external cannister)

Nick