PDA

View Full Version : Another one down

wildy
09-07-2004, 08:06 AM
Following my previous post in my section explaining one of my fish was hiding at back off tank, white fieces ,excess mucus , i presumed it was hex treated with metro , no luck, wormed no luck it now has green fieces , still not eating(this fish is in hospital tank)....

I now have another adult fish from my six foot tank with white fieces, spitting food out, not himself etc :'( :'(

Im now using RO water , using prefilter sponges, removed every thing from my tank,bog wood plants etc...Daily water changes........
Tell me what im doing wrong????????

This is the fourth fish in so many monthes that has contracted a disease... white fieces etc..

The last 2 cases explained above were purchased about 2 months ago together...Dont know if this has any thing to do with it , it was also the dominant fish in the tank :'(

Anonapersona
09-07-2004, 09:09 AM
What are you feeding the fish?

Barb Newell
09-07-2004, 10:08 AM
wormed no luck it now has green fieces

Hi Wildly, have you tried the treatment for internal bacterial infection (the oxy and EM) in this thread.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=20560

I think your fish probably have both hex and an internal bacterial infection as well.

Barb

wildy
09-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Ok im feeding beef heart, tetramin, Bloodworm and flake

And as for treating i treat with interpet no.9 internal bacteria as i live in the uk and alot of the stuff you guys use in the usa is not available without prescription :-X...With no effect may i add...

Barb Newell
09-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi, what are the ingredients in "interpet no. 9"?

Barb

Discusgeo
09-07-2004, 07:48 PM
I don't have any idea what you fish has contracted but interpet no. 9 doesn't seem to me that it would have the medication to cure it. This is the only info I can find on the stuff but it won't kill that internal infection it has.

Interpet no. 9:
Cures disease with symptoms such as bacterial gill rot, dropsy, ulcers and septicaemia. Halts the progress of bacterial problems and prevents it spreading.

CARY_GLdiscus
09-07-2004, 07:52 PM
I believe its the same as furan2 ;)

wildy
09-08-2004, 07:52 AM
Ive been recommended to order these treatments

h2 and h4 from the owner of this shop....

she seems to think its flagelettes...

http://www.discus-south.com/medications.htm

Carol_Roberts
09-08-2004, 01:10 PM
I'd give it a try and see how it works.

wildy
09-10-2004, 08:43 AM
The green is taking beefheart but is cowering and headstanding alot , some time it looks like it is pulling round then other times it is poor again ???

Carol_Roberts
09-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Swim bladder infections are very difficult to treat.

wildy
09-14-2004, 09:34 AM
im treating with the 2 treatments mentioned above, no improvement yet but still havent finished course....But i have noticed a small orange discus with white feices with bits of black in it, i think it is still eating and doesnt seem too bad to look at... any ideas, do discus sometimes have white fieces and have nothing wrong with them..

Carol_Roberts
09-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Yes, sometimes they have muscus like feces for a day and then have normal mouse-like feces.

wildy
09-15-2004, 09:01 AM
What do you recomend for a swim bladder infection???

wildy
09-24-2004, 02:22 PM
the treatment worked,2 fish healed, but im still having problems with the male with the bvalance problem, im trying metro any ideas??