PDA

View Full Version : how to clear the truvu tank

smsc
09-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi all,

I just bought a 75gal truvu tank which is only 6 month old. The tank is in very good condition but the ex-owner use to have a lot of life plant in the tank and he did clean it good by the time he drain out the water. There was some dry green stuff on the glass. My brother try to help me out by cleanning the tank; however, he used the green side of the spooze (which use for dishes). Now when I fill my tank with water, the water look a little cloudy (due to the glass, plexiglas). Is that anyway i can make my tank clear?

thanks all

Khai

ed8t
09-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Ouch...sounds like you got some scratches/swirl marks from the abrasive side of the sponge. Does the water look cloudy just through the area of the plexiglass that was scrubbed?

You may want to try some of the polishing compounds that are designed to take out blemishes and scratches out of acrylic tanks. I would look into a LFS that carries acrylic tanks - they should have some kits available. I think Tru Vu makes their own scratch remove kit too.

smsc
09-07-2004, 06:55 PM
thanks ed8t,

will check the LFS!

khai

BurnabyDiscus
09-09-2004, 12:25 PM
If the scratches are on the inside of the tank, once you have water in the tank you should not see them anymore. This is the interesting part about TruVu and other plexiglas tanks, you will however still see scratches on the outside. So your cloudiness could be the water itself. If the it turns out that the scratches are truely on the inside, TruVu makes two polishing compounds that you can use to polish out all minor scratches, like the ones made by a rough cleaning pad.