PDA

View Full Version : Good Book

Cosmo
09-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Recently, my wife "stole" my Discus Anatomy print (by Cartoon) and hung it in our office since it "matched the decor so well". To make up for it, she ordered me a book and some Discus posters online. I thought, great another book with some nice pics but no info... They came last night, two cool posters, and, the book had a poster too... now if I can only find the room for all the posters!!

But I digress, I've only scanned thru the book so far, but it seems to offer more info than the majority of other Discus books I've read in the past. May be a good read for all Discus owners, but could be of particular value to the newbie just getting into the addiction.

Hokey title... "Majestic Discus"... but lots of good info. Written by Manfred Gobel..

check it out
Jim

Teitelbaum
09-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Manfred is an excellent breeder. Can't go wrong with his advice. Can't even buy his discus without references.

Cosmo
09-10-2004, 09:24 PM
What sort of references? Kinda neat, like buying a dog from a top of line breeder :)

If you know, please let me know, may want to try one of these days.

Thanks,
Jim

Discusthing
09-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Where did you buy the book and how much was it?

Cosmo
09-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Wife bought it online.. not sure where or how much.

She did a search for Disus Posters and found it that way. If I can get the website and the price, will let ya know..
Jim

Cosmo
09-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Just looked on the web.. think she got it from aquariacan.com since they sell "Aqualog" posters and books, and, all the posters and the book had "Aqualog" on th packaging... check it out, if it's not it I'll find out from her tomorrow.
JIm

Discusthing
09-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks Cosmo. I also see it listed on Amazon for $25 new.