PDA

View Full Version : Discus Books For Sale

Don_Lee
09-12-2004, 06:19 PM
I am moving and forced to liquidate my entire discus book collection. All of my books are mint conditon, and I would love to get an offer to sell all of these books at once. Check Amazon.com for the prices new, most go for at least $30+ new.

Singapore Discus-Clifford Chang
The Discus-King of the Aquarium-Tetra
Singapore Discus In The New Millenium-Dr. Clifford Chang
Discus-A Reference Book-Bernd Degen
Handbook Of Discus-Wattley
Breeding Discus Yearbook 1992-TFH
Discus-Eberhard Schulze
Discus-Back to Nature-Dick Au
Discus as a hobby-Jim Quarles
Discus Breeding-Wattley
Waynes Discus Guidebook-Wayne Ng
Discus Health-Untergasser
Discus Today-Degen and Wattley
South American Discus 4-Aqualog
Malaysian Discus-
Asian Discus-Johnny Yip
Brand New Discus-Yamada and Mori
Penang Discus-Yeng
Schmidt-Fockes Discus Book
Degen Discus Book
The Allure of Discus-Axelrod and Degen
The Atlas of Discus Of the World-Axelrod-Burgess-Degen

All of these books are mint. If someone makes me an offer over $400, they are sold. Hurry-Hurry-Hurry-these are great books in great condition. They will be going on ebay if not sold soon.

Thanks,

Don Lee ;D

April
09-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Donald..where you moving to? thats my question..vancouver right??

fish_maniac
09-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Don,
Please check your PM. thanks,.
Kam

Don_Lee
09-12-2004, 08:28 PM
LOL April..........I do not know where I might be going yet. So far, it might be Dudley, UK, or some other location in the UK. Could be Alaska, or Turkey, or the Azores Islands...........I just know by the end of the year, I hope to live on a different continent..........LOL

Don ;D

I will reply to all IM's...............

Discus_KC
09-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Don,

A Man of International stature !!!

KC

Best of luck !!

fish_maniac
09-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Hi Don,
The check is in the mail :). I am not kidding and I mailed the check this morning. Thank you for answering all my questions and gave me a great deal on the books. I have been looking around for some of them but they are not easy to find especially for the non-US published book! There are times I left a phone message for the breeder for a book but they didn't even bother to call me back. I guess they are in the discus businese not the book businese anyway. Please let me know if you have any problem with the check.
Thank again for the extra book that you throw in for me ;D ;D I am going to spend a lot of time reading over all the books.
BTW, if you are not sure where to go yet, i suggest Hong Kong! I went there this summar and saw that they are selling a 5" discus in a bag in the street for 50 Hong Kong dollars. The discus is cheaper than a frontosa ??? It is 1 US to 7.7 HK so it is about 6.5 US for a 5" discus! At the time I don't know anything about discus, not that I do now, so I don't know what kind. But for 6.50, what else you want. Of course, Hong Kong is only a few hours away from Taiwan, singapore and China.
Best wishes on where ever you go or stay!

Kam

zoids
09-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Don,

Check your email.

Roy

Don_Lee
09-15-2004, 03:12 PM
So far these are the books that are sold:

Singapore Discus In The New Millenium-Dr. Clifford Chang
Discus-Back to Nature-Dick Au
Waynes Discus Guidebook-Wayne Ng
Discus Health-Untergasser
Malaysian Discus-
Penang Discus-Yeng
The Atlas of Discus Of the World-Axelrod-Burgess-Degen
Brand New Discus

That still leaves alot of good books! The Aqualog book is very impressive and has a nice poster that comes with it. Asian Discus is a classic IMO. The Allure of Discus has some beautiful pictures, and the Degen and Wattley books are worthwhile too! I also have the two Amano books available that I have posted separately. If they are not spoken for within the next few days, I will probably look at selling them on Ebay.

Thanks!

Don ;D

Don_Lee
09-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Last call-----the books below are remaining. If they are not spoken for by Sunday, to Ebay they go.

Discus-Eberhard Schulze
Discus Breeding-Wattley
Degen Discus Book
The Allure of Discus-Axelrod and Degen

The Allure of Discus is really a nice coffee table book IMO. The Degen and Schmidt-Fockes books have some good info and pics too, as do the Quarles and Wattley books. The Schulze book is really strong on discus keeping info IMO.

Don_Lee
09-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Special Price on all remaining books! $10 + shipping for each book below.

Discus-Eberhard Schulze
Discus Breeding-Wattley
Degen Discus Book

The Allure of Discus book will be offered at $35 + shipping, which is a great price for a beautiful coffeetable book with lots of nice pics.

Offer available through Sunday, September 19!

Don ;D

Don_Lee
09-17-2004, 09:26 PM
PS-I just put the three Baensch Atlas volumes on Aquabid if anyone is interested.................aquabid.com.

Don ;D

Don_Lee
09-25-2004, 09:55 PM
All of the discus books are sold.......the Amano books and Baensch volumes 1-3 are on ebay.....seller is marif 2012. Anyone want some mopani wood???? I have loads of it..........

Don ;D

Northwestcoastdisc
09-27-2004, 08:20 PM
hey Don,

i sent you e-mail.

Please reply me back asap you can

thanks
Duncan

fish_maniac
10-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Don,
I got the notice from the post office and I picked up the books first thing today. Wow, the box is heavy so that even the lady in the post office remember that "heavy box" :D
I opened the box once I got back from work. I weighted it and it is almost 50lb :o
It has all the books that I ordered and most of them are in new condition. I also found 10 extra books that you add in for me ;D ;D I even found a CD for the discus also. :o :o I can't believe you have sure a complete collection of discus' books .
Thank you so much for giving me a great price on the book to start with and all the extra books that you added!! Now, I will have a great time reading all the books.

Best of luck with your move and hope everything goes well for you and your family!

Kam