PDA

View Full Version : Now what have I done??

Cosmo
09-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Resisted for a long time... fear played a part, money, as always played a part, and, my wifes persistance just made it plain impossible to do otherwise, but... finally gave in, couldn't hold out any longer...

The CBW arrived this morning.... first feast is TONITE !! :)

Used to feed live blackworms exclusively many years ago, long before I ever heard of CBW even, but, the new wife was a little resistant to live worms in her fridge.. so.. was feeding frozen redworms and brine, but got tired of floaters all the time after each feeding.

Bought a mini fridge/freezer for the fishroom to solve the yuck factor ... now my other fear needs to be met and overcome.... past experience has been that once they get live food they'll never go back to eating frozen again, much less dry.. :( They always staged a hunger strike in the tank every time I tried to go back...

But I know they're sure gonna love em !! and aint that what counts?

RyanH
09-15-2004, 07:04 PM
The little fridge was a good call... and yeah, they're gonna love 'em! :)

Condor
09-16-2004, 07:41 AM
Try doing live feedings early in the morning or late in the evening, and doing other foods during the day. If they stop eating your other foods, you might try giving them a hunger strike first-when you want to start back on frozen or dry, feed them at night before they go to bed, and then try your other foods the next evening.

mench
09-17-2004, 09:22 AM
I usually do the worm feeding in the mid day,then the early and late they are more hungry and will take what I give them

Mench

BrianNY
10-04-2004, 04:53 PM
My Trick

when they show the spoiled brat syndrom i mix frozen or flake or pellet in with the live foods their brains arent that big

gl

henryD
10-05-2004, 06:41 PM
LOL....as with anything...moderation is the key. If you continue to feed other foods, you should not have any problems.