PDA

View Full Version : the dorsal fin of my discus

fish_maniac
09-21-2004, 12:21 AM
hi,
The dorsal fin of my discus is changing shape. Is it a problem? Any idea or suggestion?

Thanks.
Kam

jared
09-21-2004, 03:57 AM
Which fish in this pic are you talking about? How is the dorsal fin changing shape?
Jared

fish_maniac
09-21-2004, 09:53 AM
Hi Jared,
I am sorry that the picture is not clear about the fish. I have a hard time getting a picture with only one fish last night. The fish is the SS that is in the middle. For some reason, his 3rd dorsal fin is not pointing upward. It looks like the bone is not there to support it. Is it some kind of fin rot? thank you for your help.

Kam

Carol_Roberts
09-21-2004, 11:09 AM
Maybe an injury - jumping up and hitting the top of the tank. Do the rest of the soft parts of the fins look OK?

fish_maniac
09-21-2004, 12:16 PM
Carol,
Yes, all the rest of the fin, tail looks fine, nice and round. only that one dorsal has a problem. May be I can put in some metfix to help repairing?

Thanks again for your help.

Kam

Howie_W
09-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Carol,
Yes, all the rest of the fin, tail looks fine, nice and round. only that one dorsal has a problem. May be I can put in some metfix to help repairing?

Hi Kam,

If it's only the single fin I would not treat the fish with any medication. It's quite possible he banged it inside the tank, and if so this is not a problem. I would keep an eye on him to make sure he is eating properly, and passing his feces normally.

Howie

fish_maniac
09-21-2004, 10:54 PM
Howie,
Thanks. I will leep en eye on the fish and post any update if it is getting worse. Thanks again.

Kam