View Full Version : What do you stock in your aquarium medicine chest?

samcatj
09-28-2004, 07:25 AM
What should the prepared discus raiser have on hand as far as medications so that he does'nt have to drive all over town to find the medication he needs when he needs it?

Are there a number of different medications that should be kept around to treat different ailments? If so could you please list what they are.

It always seems whenever you need to find a certain medication that all of the LFS are out and you waste very valuable time treating your fish.

Thanks for your time to a very important question.

Samcatj

Carol_Roberts
09-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Epsom salt, regular salt, metronidazole, formalin, furan II, hydrogen peroxide,

Test kits for ammonia, nitrIte, nitrAte and pH

Dkarc@Aol.com
09-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Rock salt, epsom salt, Metro, prazi, panacur (fenbendazole), PP, hydrogen peroxide, meth blue, and furan 2.

-Ryan

Wolf_Mek
09-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Table Salt
Epsoms salt
QuikCure
Melafix
Betadine

strawman
10-04-2004, 01:54 AM
Ohhhhhhhh Sam I was reading all these post and was thinking to myself that it would be a good idea to ask what medicine I should have on hand in case I may need it some day. A sick fish, can not wait for us to spend hours or days to find the medicine for them.

Barb Newell
10-04-2004, 02:03 AM
Aquarium salt, epsom salt, formaldehyde37%, meth blue, metronidazole, Kanacyn, oxytetracycline, Furan2.

Barb

susankay1
10-04-2004, 02:15 AM
Good list Barb, that about covers it. I keep Potasium Permanginate too, but I don't use it much. I like Melafix for ragged fins too.

Webzilla
10-05-2004, 10:08 AM
Salt
Epsom Salt (never used)
Melafix
PrimaFix
MethBlue (never used)
metronidazole(Never used)

Oh, did I say MelaFix? heh... It is some Kick A$$ Stuff...

paletka
10-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Same as Carol plus dimetronizadole

chris