PDA

View Full Version : Insane in the Membrane

pcgamer02
09-30-2004, 01:29 AM
Has anyone ever had a discus just randomly freak out and zoom around the tank at lightspeed like there was no tomorrow. One of my nicest vrs just beat the crap out of himself. He now has a pretty big slice on his forhead and scraped along his lateral line. I have no idea why he freak out, the poor guy is acting very weird right now.

adapted
09-30-2004, 02:09 AM
Yes. Also the nicest fish in the tank. Did it several times over a three day period, zooming around light speed in circles and zig zags. Killed himself eventually, actually. There were 6 other discus in the tank and none of them were affected.

Never had a clue as to what caused it.

pcgamer02
09-30-2004, 02:15 AM
Hopefully this wont be the case for my discus :( . When all the others go to the front of the tank to beg for food, he just sits back... hope he gets better.

Nick_Schembri
09-30-2004, 02:15 AM
Mine used to do it in the beginning when someone entered the room or made sudden movements. When I added the angels they were less afraid and they stopped doing it. Cardinal tetras would probably have the same effect

Anonapersona
09-30-2004, 09:29 AM
I read somewhere that flukes can annoy them to that point of making them crazy like that -- I have no idea if that's true. I vaguely recall someone doing a salt dip and thinking that had some benefit -- or was it simply grabbing the fish and physically restraining it?? Better look into that -- dont take my recollections for any sort of a fact!

Rob
09-30-2004, 02:01 PM
I have run into a similar problem, try this link it may be what you are dealing with.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=17476;st art=0