PDA

View Full Version : needs stand specs for 240g

SmellsFishy0
10-01-2004, 03:13 PM
hey folks ....i got me a 240g reef ready tank and was wondering if there is anyone that has a write up or somethin for building a stand.......did a search and of course nothin came up.....tanks gunna be for discus of course........thanks in advanced-----AndyM

Rob
10-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Here's a breakdown of the pieces I used for my 220 (l6' x w2' x h2 1/2')
I don't have any assembly drawings or pics of the construction.
I also added plywood at the ends to stiffen up the frame.

Rob
10-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Here's a top down of it.
I'll try to get some pics of the joints for you, the middle ones are a little wierd.
Its all 4"x4", I haven't fancied up mine but it could easily be done.

Denny
10-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Do you want it to be strictly utility or do you want it to look good too?

You can make a stand out of 3/4 inch plywood that will be more than strong enough to hold your tank and will look great doing it.

If you want something simpler that can be done with less skill, get some 2x4's at the lumber yard, figure out how tall and wide you want the stand, then cut the 2x4's accordingly.Nail or screw them together and put the tank on it. Make sure everything is level and plumb.

SpideySteve
11-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Let's remember here that 240g of water = 2400 lbs. Plus the tank itself probably weighs another 250 lbs (maybe more), plus all the other stuff that's going to be in it. I'm not sure if I would want just some 2x4s holding that together unless it was done by a carpenter.