PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating Inline Dual TDS Meter

PsychoKnight
10-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Hey RandalB,

Glad you're feeling well enough to read, think, and type.

The generic dual inline TDS w/ the blue panel, made in Korea, that you show in your photos, and which you installed on the unit you sold me;

I understand that all TDS meters need calibration, otherwise, they aren't very useful. How do we calibrate this unit? Didn't come with any instructions and I don't see any calibration buttons or "cal" display inidicators.

If not possible to calibrate, do I just test with several known water samples using my handheld meter and make factor adjustments? Not as efficient as I need to recalculate every reading, but I guess it would still be better than not calibrating.

What do you think?

Open to anyone too.

RandalB
10-02-2004, 11:54 AM
There is a dial on the back of the unit between the Velcro pads. Place the sensor in TDS calibration solution, adjust the dial to match the Solution with a small philips screwdriver. Switch to other reading and repeat.

Actually TDS meters don't require much calibration as they are not that accurate (usually 2% of full scale at best). They give you a ballpark. Watch for a large reading increase to indicate problems...

HTH,
RandalB