PDA

View Full Version : yellow pheonix (or is it yeloow pB) ?

Papineau
10-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I just made my usual weekend tour of my LFS, and there I saw 4 yellow phoenix (2.5in) just arrived from Singapore. The store owner told me that he is not ready to sell them yet since they have not started to eat yet.

Closer examination ..... I can describe them as light but bright yellow fishes, very light pale blue horizontal stripe on their gill plates. Very faint speckled stress bars (8 bars) and light pepperings forming a periperal ring on its ventral and dorsal fins. They all have light yellow pupils rather than the usual orange pupils of the PB. Their stomachs are quite sunken in.

Since I don't see many yellow strains in my neighbourhood; I am quite excited to find them. However, my questions to you all are :

Will they darken into the usual light orange PB??
Will the pepperings stay light as they grow older ?
Does anyone have picture of a yellow PB or better yet, Yellow Pheonix from Singapore??

Thanks,
Patrick from Montréal ;)

krandrus
10-17-2004, 06:03 PM
I saw some of the Yellow Phoenix in my LFS about a month ago. They were about 3 inches and had no peppering. Beautiful fish and almost the color of a yellow salt water fish (I think they are called Yellow Tangs). The color was really bright, so I wonder if they were hormoned. They were beautiful looking fish. I am looking forward to seeing others pics.

Kevin

Tran
10-18-2004, 09:06 AM
The Asian has been calling the Golden Pigeon as Golden Pheonix ever since it was created. The yellow color is temperary. A true yellow from a non-pigeon will never be sold in LFS with other fish. They are too expensive to carry by LFS. They were most probably fed some yellow powdered food (non-hormone) which will stay for about a month. I won't be surprise it is just a plain golden pigeon blood. Still, Today's PB. are quite clean compared to couple years ago. If the price is reasonable. Give a deposit and pick them up in a couple weeks later to see if they are clear of infection.
Tran.

Tran.

GulfCoastDiscus
10-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Here's my yellow pair.
No special diet, just beefheart mix

Dan