PDA

View Full Version : blocked programs

Steve_Warner
10-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Hi all,
I have a question for the computer whiz's out there. I have recently updated my computer system with the service pack 2 update. The update now gives me notification upon startup that there are two programs running and do I want to block them or what. They are "Web Trap" and "Explorer32". I have no idea what these are, although I suspect webtrap is some tracking BS. Can somebody advise me on what to do..........Allow them to run or block them totally? Thanks

Steve

Webzilla
10-18-2004, 02:40 PM
WebTrap is associated with PC-Cillin. I'm not familiar with it. It could be a program that allow PC-Cillin to revert back from Active-X and Java Elements etc or Block them all together. I'm not quite sure. If you have PC -Cillin on your computer then this is to be expected to load so "Yes" it is ok to Load Webtrap.exe

"Explorer32" DO NOT LOAD... it is spyware/Malware. Best to run Anti-Vrius program to remove this immediatly...

Webz.....

jeep
10-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Wish I could help you Steve, but I'm about ready to flush my computer with my next water change after installing SP2 >:( >:( >:(

oodi
10-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Steve,

Here's a link to some info on Explorer32

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.fragglerock.html

Judi
:)

Cosmo
10-18-2004, 05:19 PM
guess I got lucky... no problems after installing SP2 ;D

RAWesolowski
10-19-2004, 01:05 AM
Jeep,

If you are continuing to have problems after installing SP2, it may lay in your firewall. Disable your firewall and see the effects. Then reconfigure your firewall to XP/NT.

jeep
10-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks, but my problems have more to do with outdated drivers. Got them all fixed now except one, which happens to be my burner. Kind of hard to do a back-up :)

RAWesolowski
10-21-2004, 01:13 PM
LOL... I have defaulted the working files for my programs to a central directory that I back-up to a memory stick.