PDA

View Full Version : Holy Activity Batman

Cosmo
10-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Came home tonight to find two pairs fighting over the right to spawn on one of the titanium heaters ??? Don't know what it is about them, but they seem to need to try it at least once... One of the two pairs have never spawned before... a Red Panda and what I call my PB Dragon (bought as a Thai Yellow, but he looks like a dragon.. lol) The PB is about 1/2 the size of the RT but he was standing his ground while his lady made a deposit on the heater... The RT female wasn't too happy either cause she thinks it's hers ;D

No question now.. gotta get the 20hi tanks drilled and setup this weekend lol or dump some salt in the water hahaha Now all I need is for the other pair in the tank to get started.... jeeez

Jim

PS. Could be worse I guess :)

Tad
10-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Came home tonight to find two pairs fighting over the right to spawn on one of the titanium heaters ???
PS. Could be worse I guess :)

Cosmo,
Sounds like the hormones are raging in that tank...what could be worse? Hmm guess they all could be females ;D, anyway congratulations and hope you have some viable spawns soon.

Tad

Barb Newell
10-22-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi Jim, that's great news! Better get those breeding tanks ready.

Barb

Cosmo
10-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Tad.... don't even think that !! Set mysefl up for that all female remark though... but did have a pair of spawning females many years ago... got all excited over nothing :( At least this time I know (with the possible exception of the new pair) that they're male/female... lol That's all I'd need ;D

Barb.. gonna start drilling within the hour :) Lotta work ahead of me this weekend... at least it'll be a labor of love...... for them and for me :D

Jim

KD
10-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Congrats Jim!!
Sounds very exciting- WAY TO GO!!
Karen

Cosmo
10-23-2004, 07:26 PM
Hey Thanks ALL :)

Got two tanks drilled, but while I was working away the third pair spawned on the cap of the OTHER titanium heater ??? What is it about the titanium heater ??? Are they like diamond rings or something to the fish ??? LOL

Still have to paint these two, drill two more, then connect the overflows and drains... not to mention the fresh water drip line... who needs sleep anyway ::) ;D

Still enuf fish in this tank for 2 more pairs to get together.. then I'm short a tank ... lol

Jim

Tad
10-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Cosmo,
Sounds like preparations are going good and fast!, and the fish are starting to cooperate.

Again congratulations,
Tad :)

Ardan
10-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Congratulations and good luck! Hope the best for you.

Try to get some sleep........someday ;) ;D

Howie_W
10-24-2004, 08:53 AM
Jim,

I warned you what would happen if you placed that red light in the window of your fishroom! ;D

Better pick up the pace! ;)

Howie

Cosmo
10-24-2004, 09:36 AM
:funny: :funny: :funny: