PDA

View Full Version : Chicago water Obervation - Part 2

Cosmo
10-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Well, seems like resin usage is back to normal, so not sure if the observation last week was due to something I did or an anomalie in my water supply..

Just changed the resins again last night.. had actually packed the cannister differently than my normal routine with Cation on top, a middle layer of Anion, and a small layer of Cation on the bottom. The Cation is still green while the blue Anion has turned completely golden.

This time, I put the Anion on the top only, and filled the lower half with Cation only.. just to see if it makes a difference.

I'm not a chemist, but... I'm thinking how the resins are situation in the container shouldn't make a difference as the ions removed by the Cation should pass thru the Anion and visa versa since the principal is based on the electronic charge of the ion in question.. if that's true it would indicate the water supply was different two weeks ago than it normally is.. if that theory is false, could be something about how I packed it two weeks ago ???

Any chemists out there that could clarify this?

Jim