PDA

View Full Version : How long from.....?

nanik
11-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi,

Was wondering with the following discus will grow from 2" to 3" and from 3" to 4", on average ?

Thanks

RyanH
11-10-2004, 12:15 AM
There are a lot of variables that affect Discus growth Nanik. But it is not uncommon for a fish to reach 4" in 7 or 8 months with proper care.

nanik
11-10-2004, 12:28 AM
There are a lot of variables that affect Discus growth Nanik. But it is not uncommon for a fish to reach 4" in 7 or 8 months with proper care.

RyanH,

Thanks for the reply.

If let's say for example I provide the following environment for them,

1. Water change 70%-80% everyday (without a miss)
2. Six times feeding (Frozen BW and Tetra Bits)
3. Stable temperature (29-32C)
4. Ph 7.0 - 7.5 (don't know about GH, KH)

The following are already known
1. Comes from good parents
2. The fish are not stunted
3. Fish are healthy (never sick before)

Can they grow from 3inch to 4inch within 4 months time ? is this reasonable or am I going for the sky here :)

Thanks

RyanH
11-10-2004, 02:33 AM
LOL, Are you in a hurry?

How large will they be when you get them? Are you saying they will BE 3" inches when you get them?

The general rule is that your fish should grow around 1/2-3/4" per month as juveniles. I've heard of people that have grown out Discus faster but I can't say that I ever have. but I don't think it's impossible to achieve those growth rates.

nanik
11-10-2004, 03:17 AM
LOL, Are you in a hurry?

How large will they be when you get them? Are you saying they will BE 3" inches when you get them?

The general rule is that your fish should grow around 1/2-3/4" per month as juveniles. I've heard of people that have grown out Discus faster but I can't say that I ever have. but I don't think it's impossible to achieve those growth rates.

LOL RyanH,

Yeah when I buy them they will be between 2"-3" and planning to grow them to 4-4.5" before giving them back to my friend, so need to calculate how long it will take to grow them.