PDA

View Full Version : Restless Discus

dragon
11-20-2004, 03:04 AM
Hi

I got few discus that turn restless today after water changed yesterday. Some start to turn dark color. I checked the water parameters and is ok. I had placed the affected fishes in another tank. However would like to know any general med can help to cure the infected fishes?

The fishes had been with me for almost 6 months.

Thanks

Ardan
11-20-2004, 06:29 AM
Sometimes the water companies add chemicals that aren't normally in the water. Check with them first. Check for ALum, aluminum sulfate, chloramine, increased chlorine.

Sounds like it happened right after a wc, then it is a good chance its the water.

hth
Ardan

Howie_W
11-20-2004, 10:53 AM
I agree with Ardan. Unless you are on a privare water supply, there are chemical additives in your water. If you don't already do so, you should consider aging your water before adding to your tank each day.

Howie

dragon
11-20-2004, 12:59 PM
the water condition here is quite stable. I had remove all the possible chemical. I wonder will a sudden drop of temp causes it as it rain heavily overthe night and the temp might drop 2-3 degree. I do not have heater in the tank as our weather here is usually bet 28 to 30 degree.

Carol_Roberts
11-20-2004, 03:57 PM
A big drop in temperature that happens quickly will upset them. . . . so will a big drop in pH. It sounds like a big influx of rainwater was added to your water supply.

dragon
11-21-2004, 07:56 AM
A big drop in temperature that happens quickly will upset them. . . . so will a big drop in pH. It sounds like a big influx of rainwater was added to your water supply.
thanks Carol. I will keep that in mind. Today the eight discus look better. They start eating although they still dark in color.