PDA

View Full Version : Swim Bladder

bio new
11-20-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi All,

Swim bladder disease is very common to goldfish. I wonder whether that could happen to discus?:p

Carol_Roberts
11-20-2004, 03:58 PM
Yep. First line of defense is epsom salt to alleviate constipation (bloat). IF swim bladder infection we use internal antibiotic like Kanacyn

Himbo
11-21-2004, 01:47 AM
Yep. First line of defense is epsom salt to alleviate constipation (bloat). IF swim bladder infection we use internal antibiotic like Kanacyn
Carol, I believe we don't have kanamycin in Australia. Would any aminoglycoside do? Just throw in some IV gentamicin? What dose? Not that any of my fish have a bladder infection, just interested. In humans, aminoglycosides are often used to cover gram negative bacilli, what organisms usually infect discus bladders?

Thanks

bio new
11-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Yep. First line of defense is epsom salt to alleviate constipation (bloat). IF swim bladder infection we use internal antibiotic like KanacynCarol, thx alot. You have been of great to me. I just bought the epsom salt today as my first line of defense.

Oooppsss, almost forgotten. The dosage is 1 to 2 tblspns(heapful I suppose) per 10 gallon of water, however, for how many days, please?

CHEERS!