PDA

View Full Version : Discus Biotope

Freakdaddy
11-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Im not a fan of empty tanks so this is how I like to keep my fish.

RyanGSP
11-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Wow nice tank. How often r u doing water changes tank looks a little cloudy. COuld just be the angle or me. Nice fish and tank though. that size is it?

Freakdaddy
11-22-2004, 04:08 PM
Its a 190l Trigon bowfronted corner tank,I change water 30% 2 week Cloudy is atrick of the light Its actually darker now Ive added peat to the filter.

bwilly36
11-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Are all of the plants live...i am assuming so. Any CO2 injection? Only gourami's (that I can see in the pic)... any other tankmates? Peat...in filter compartments? This setup is similar to ones I have had in the past & am planning to set up again now soon. Am curious about your water hardness levels and pH levels? Plants that work best with your levels?
Sorry for all the ?'s, but I have found it is the best way to learn!

Bob

Freakdaddy
11-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Okeeday, Heres the lowdown the plants are 50 50 real and silk/plastic ,Java fern tied to bogwood is good ,not even omnivorous fish like Severums will touch it.I always run extra airlines into my tanks you cant have to much oxygen.Yes there is peat in the filter box the ph is 7.2 the gh is about 3 temp is 84.The fish in this tank are 7 Discus ,1 albino shark ,4 otto cats ,2 Clown pleco ,1 Golden nugget pleco, 4 mountain minnows , 5 albino widow tetras,1 yoyo loach. no gouramis thou ! The tank dims are 2foot deep by 3 ft 7" across the front.