PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian Driftwood Transformed Me and the Tank

Spices
11-22-2004, 05:07 AM
This is my latest tank transformation and the least expected. It was a sudden and most upfront task that I think was the best thing for my discus, loaches, angels and corys.

Something about that driftwood makes the fish really nuts or just at ease or enamored.

Just take a look. Enjoy. :angel:

*Angie*

Spices
11-22-2004, 05:09 AM
I'm hooked, and thanks to Dan (Gulf Coast Discus) and a few people here like him. I feel bait and hook over the look of Driftwood.

Here's another good shot. :angel:

Spices
11-22-2004, 05:12 AM
This is day two with the new look. :angel:

Frankr409
11-22-2004, 10:01 AM
I think the Rosary helps them too. I hope you all get much use out of it.

Stephish
11-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Looks great!

Wahter
11-22-2004, 02:10 PM
I gotta ask...

did you treat the wood with bleach and tea tree oil prior to putting it in the tank?!?! :D :D :D :D

Larry Grenier
11-22-2004, 05:18 PM
What size tank is that? I bet the piece of wood was expensive right?

jules
11-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Welcome back Angie!!:D :wave:

Driftwood looks awesome.

ping
11-23-2004, 04:00 PM
welcome back :)

GulfCoastDiscus
11-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Hi Angie,

I like the Rosary. I bet it keeps the diseases at bay.:)

dan

Spices
11-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Hi Angie,

I like the Rosary. I bet it keeps the diseases at bay.:)

dan

It has some spiritual effect. :D

welcome back :)

Thanks. Glad to arrive back in style, I guess [hint: driftwood tank]. :D

Welcome back Angie!!:D :wave:

Driftwood looks awesome.

Thanks. I was gearing for one piece but I ended up getting three pieces to bridge the length. :angel:

What size tank is that? I bet the piece of wood was expensive right?

It's a 75-g glass. I like to think of it as a fine piece of aquatic antiqued and lacquered furniture. You ain't kidding about the prices of DW's. Incredible. I think we end up paying the freight fees for import. LOL Like I said above, there are three pieces.

I gotta ask...

did you treat the wood with bleach and tea tree oil prior to putting it in the tank?!?! :D :D :D :D

LMAOL... clever like a stone fox, Wahter. LOL Hi, you know me well. But guess what? Not this time around. Can you believe it? I know you can't. But this time I am up to doing some experimenting and have found ways at not getting my fish killed. LOL Although I must say, I have yet to lose any by using my old fashioned remedies at cleansing a tank. But I did find that I lose them if I medicate them. Yep. More on that later and at another topic/thread. :angel:

Looks great!

Thanks!! :angel:

I think the Rosary helps them too. I hope you all get much use out of it.

You know, it's not the material that gives, it's the beliefs. Just thought I let you in on my secret. That Rosary Bead represents the love of my grandmom. That's why I leave it on the tank. I gave it to her that year when she left me. She loved nature, plants, flowers, etc. But thank you for your thoughts. Much appreciated. :angel:

Hey, I totally didn't even see the Rosary Beads in the photo until afterwards. I was just too excited to take pictures. The Digital Camera is a snap to use. I was just rolling away with it. Thanks folks. You've all made my day.

I hope all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day in the USA and everyone have a pleasant day or evening. :angel:

*Angie*