PDA

View Full Version : Hep's Discus

Discus Dragon
11-24-2004, 01:12 AM
I was wondering if anybody can give me feedback on Hep's Discus, the seller on aquabid.
His discus looks really nice.
I'm new to discus, so I just want some feedback before i order.
Regards,
Discus Dragon

DISCUS USA
11-24-2004, 01:16 AM
AW man here we go again..LOL..

RandalB
11-24-2004, 02:03 AM
This post in wrong section. Mike Heppner is not a sponsor of this site.

Moved to more appropriate section.

There are lots of people with experience with Mike Heppner. You might want to contact Al Sabetta (Brewmaster 15) for his experience in particular.

To All:
Feel free to reply to this post, but make sure to keep within board policy;
For example: The correct format for informing the author of this post of a negative experience with Hep's discus would be; "I had a negative experience with Hep's discus. Please Email me or IM for details" it's the fairest way for all involved and will keep this thread from needing to be edited or locked.

Thanks,
The Simplydiscus.com team

mench
11-24-2004, 09:09 AM
This post in wrong section. Mike Heppner is not a sponsor of this site.

Moved to more appropriate section.

There are lots of people with experience with Mike Heppner. You might want to contact Al Sabetta (Brewmaster 15) for his experience in particular.

To All:
Feel free to reply to this post, but make sure to keep within board policy;
For example: The correct format for informing the author of this post of a negative experience with Hep's discus would be; "I had a negative experience with Hep's discus. Please Email me or IM for details" it's the fairest way for all involved and will keep this thread from needing to be edited or locked.

Thanks,
The Simplydiscus.com team

E-mail me for my dealings with Hep's
Also I think you can go to archived posts and search for Heps..
But better to send e-mail
mench39@rochester.rr.com

Mench

SantaFeDiscus
11-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Discus Dragon-
Like Hector said "here we go again!". There have been many threads just like this one asking about Heppner and his discus. Search old threads just like this and talk to people who have actually delt with him. You are doing the right thing in trying to educate yourself before placing an order. However, there are many reputable breeders here on this site and in my oppinion you should be asking about them as well. If you were asking about Cary's fish from Great Lakes Discus this thread would already be a couple of pages long with pics of great fish that were recieved from Cary. The thing you should do is figure out what kind of discus you want and search who has them and then ask "what do you think of these breeders?". I have never delt with Mike but I know people who have and there testimony along with Mikes prices that he posts on his website have been enough for me to purchase elsewere. Thats not saying his discus are not of good quality its just I felt I could get just as good of discus at a cheaper price from many off of this site. Hope this is helpful.
Fred

JimmyL
11-24-2004, 01:06 PM
This has nothing to do with Hap's discus. I just want to talk about ordering fish in general. It's the utmost importance knowing where their discus came from. Do they breed their own fish or import from a single farm/multiple farms. Length of quarantine period. There are many challenges the importers are facing after receiving the shipment of fish. Do all shipments arrive at the same time or various time with several weeks in between. Fish from different farms may extend incubation time before cross contaminate fish from other farms. The importer may have to deal with 5 or more different strains of pathogens in different time span. I imported fish that I cannot find in N. America and for my own use only. I once had a shipment came from a fish broker who collect fish from various farms and countries. My quarantine period was extended to over a year dealing with infection that almost wiped out my whole hatchery. Now I only get fish from one farm that I know it's clean and no body else even their price is much less than their competitiors. I advice whoever get clean fish from a breeder or importers. Stick with him/her and try not to switch to someone offer a cheaper price or better looking strain. Knowing the history of some ex-importers/ex-breeders. Most of them got into troubles of black disease or infection of various kinds and finally had caused bankrupcy right after expansion. Bigger sacle doesn't mean more strains or better fish. The contrary is true in quality control if they have to order fish from various places. JMHO
Jimmy

SantaFeDiscus
11-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Your right Jimmy. Who you buy from matters especially if they don't just breed thier own but they also import. Importers will have more of a chance of importing disease along with fish. Breeders use the same fish from the strains their working with and don't have much of a chance of bringing in disease.
Fred

FischAutoTechGarten
11-24-2004, 06:01 PM
This site works on a Reinforcement of Positive Behavior model with regards to Vendor Feedback. If the vendor is outstanding...you'll see allot of feedback.

So for example: The correct format for relaying a positive experience with Hep's discus would be; "I had a positive experience with Hep's discus. Let me tell you all about it right here".

If they are not, you'll see either nothing or allot of replies that read: Please Email me or IM for details".

SantaFeDiscus
11-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Exactly Peter!

RandalB
11-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Eureka! Someone Gets it! :rolleyes2

RandalB

mench
11-26-2004, 11:19 AM
Hiimmm post good,not bad.....
I put in my post..e-mail me for details.....Not because I had problems..just eaiser to figure out what to say...And I can say ,for the most part,anything I want LOL

Mench