PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Blackworms Chicago local?

JasonBR
11-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Hello, anyone have live Blackworms available around the Chicagoland area for sale?...Would rather pick up local before I have to order them.

Thank You
Jason

Cosmo
11-28-2004, 12:25 AM
Jason,

I normally order every other week from Dan in Calfi., if you live close we could maybe split an order.. Chris at Windy City Discus might have some, or be interested in joining for a larger order.. have to call him.

Aquatic World on Lincoln (about the 3100 block I believe) carriers them as well as live brine, and Living Sea Aquarium in Park Ridge also carriers them.. only two I know of..

hth
Jim

JasonBR
11-28-2004, 01:34 AM
Jim,

Thanks for the info, I will look up Aquatic world and see about them...If not I am definately interested in getting some ordered...Never heard of Aquatic World...Is Dan the guy who has the banner here on SimplyDiscus?

Jason

Cosmo
11-29-2004, 12:13 AM
Yes, Dan is California Blackworms.. has a banner here on Simply.. very reliable

Jim

Cosmo
11-30-2004, 09:28 PM
More accurately, Dan is the guy at Aquatic Foods that sells CBW's.

Cosmo
11-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Just FYI and IMO..

If you go there, Aquatic World sells Discus, but personally wouldn't buy any there. They keep healthy looking fish in with those that have obvious health problems :(

condylactis
12-02-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi Cosmo,
Dan of California Blackworms is he a good Guy?
Do you know if he accepts PayPal?
Thanks
Chuck

Cosmo
12-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Hey Chuck,

In my experience with him, Dan is a good guy. Brewmaster and some of the others have known him longer and have never heard a bad word about him.

Don't think he accepts paypal (but I could be wrong) .. if you go to their website they give you a form to fill in and fax to them to make credit card purchases... essentially says if there's a problem you'll work it out with them and not just stop payment.. after that.. send an email and order and they charge you're card.. makes it really easy (to spend money lol )

Just ordered by email this morning and have a shipment coming tomorrow..

Jim