PDA

View Full Version : This look ok for a setup?

Marco164
12-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Hey everyone took the advice of the masses here and went barebottem haha. So something like this going to have any major issues other than keeping the ph stable and doing my 50%water changes daily? I was thinkin of putting a spong over the hang on filter and maybe one that sits inthe tank driven by air? Any suggestions?

I'm excited! i get my fish on Saturday from Cary of Great Lakes! Cant wait to see them! Tho the crazy ride to the airport in my snowy weathers gonna be a adventure on its own! I'll post pics soon as i can of them too!

The Discus Shop
12-07-2004, 09:23 PM
I like your setup! Mine is very similar (BB), except my plants are tied onto a piece of driftwood.

What size/type of discus did you get from Cary btw?

Have Fun!

Dennis

Marco164
12-07-2004, 09:48 PM
hey dennis,

Thanks , hope it works good! and I got 7 Fish from Cary(woulda got more if i could have afforded it) Just started my job a month back so money was just enough for it with life and such haha. Umm I got a Blue snake skin, Red rio purus, tangerines, Blue heaven, Marlboro red, Red Leopard snake, and a red pigeon blood:) I can't wait!

oodi
12-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Looking good, Marco!!!

Judi
:)

drew22to375
12-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Sounds like a nice selection. Make sure you post the pics of your Babbie's when they arrive. Drew..

hey dennis,

Thanks , hope it works good! and I got 7 Fish from Cary(woulda got more if i could have afforded it) Just started my job a month back so money was just enough for it with life and such haha. Umm I got a Blue snake skin, Red rio purus, tangerines, Blue heaven, Marlboro red, Red Leopard snake, and a red pigeon blood:) I can't wait!

Cosmo
12-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Marco,

Beautiful tank !!

Is it empty, or do you have really really clear water ? :)

Jim

ed8t
12-08-2004, 03:01 AM
Is it empty, or do you have really really clear water ? :)

Jim, you realize you're referring to BC Spring fed glacial water :)

Looking good Marco, I'm sure Saturday can't come soon enough. Snow - where in BC are you?

RichieE
12-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Macro, Jim is right the tank does look empty. Do you have a seasoned filter to put in there when those fish arrive? Rich

RyanGSP
12-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Wow realy nice. I had the same set up with the plants in pots. But then i found those planter rocks looks way more natural and just as easy to clean the tank. But yours looks awsome.

Carol_Roberts
12-08-2004, 05:07 PM
It is soooo exciting getting new fish. I know you will enjoy the new babies from Cary :)

btlethom
12-08-2004, 06:30 PM
Set-up looks awesome. Best of luck to you and the new fish. I was curious how you potted your plants and if you have any pointers you could offer.

Mike_T
12-09-2004, 11:49 AM
looks like you're doing everything right! what kind of setup do you have for water changes?

-miket

Marco164
12-10-2004, 03:09 AM
Hey btlethom it wasn't that hard to plant them i just put in most gravel then put the plant in and filled the rest of the gravel up around the plant...And Mike I am going to be using a bit of reverse osmosis water because my tap water is kinda hard as in most farmers around here don't like giving there cattle my tap water!!!! lol. I'll post some pics when i can of it...I have the reverse osmosis system that i can turn on when needed and it fills right now a 33gal tank that has tap coming into it that runs through a declor Filter and UV light and then gets agitated overnight and heated...

p.s After water has been aged and everything it sits at a ph constant between 6.5 and 7...usually stays closter to 6.5 with Nit 0 and Kh of 20 and Gh of 40