View Full Version : Ildiscus ???

dpt8
12-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know Ildiscus on Aquabid? There are some awesome pairs of discus posted there and this person is from Il. The pics look like some pics from Cary's past sight though. Is this person a member here? Any info would help. Thanks, David

RandalB
12-08-2004, 01:05 PM
David:

You might want to read this before bidding:
http://discusasahobby.com/forum/index.php?topic=1412.0

Guy is stealing photos.

HTH,
RandalB

fish_maniac
12-08-2004, 02:29 PM
David,
I think the auction site is a great idea but you do have to be very careful with the seller especially with the live fish. A book is a book! but every fish is a little different and they are not manufactured from a standard factory. Make sure you check out the reference before you bid on the fish and hopefully you got what you paid for :)
They are some great sells from some known breader in the forum and you may want to check it out.

Kam

JasonBR
12-08-2004, 05:19 PM
dpt8,

Those are Cary's photos he/she is using on Aquabid...This person claims he/she is in Florida but has a business partner in Chicago...I contacted this person about some Blue Diamonds and they sent me a photo of Cary's Blue Diamonds on his website...Here is the photo he sent me.

Jason

nacra99
12-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Hmm.... Does Carey know about this? He might be legit for all we know...
But i do find it odd that he(she?) has abosolutely no Aquabid feedback at all...

dpt8
12-09-2004, 12:06 AM
those pics on Eggbid are definetly Cary's from his present sight.

Tony_S
12-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Hmm.... Does Carey know about this? He might be legit for all we know...
But i do find it odd that he(she?) has abosolutely no Aquabid feedback at all...Legit breeders/importers dont steal pictures from other breeders/importers

If its easier to STEAL a picture...than snap one of the fish your selling...
weeeeelllll http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/d/spy.gif

You know what they say about a fool and his money.....

Tony

Elcid
12-09-2004, 01:00 AM
I have had some email communications with him as well. I posted his name on discusasahobby and received similar feedback (stay away). He may have fish but those aren't his!

take care,
Sandeep

aggie_67
12-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Different slant on the question. Has Cary sold all his fish? Ask because he has a huge amount of tanks for sale, assume they must be empty, didn't they contain fish at one time? Maybe this guy now has a lot of Cary's fish? Wouldn't think so but who knows?

Elcid
12-09-2004, 01:14 AM
He only accepts Western Union for payment.....Don't risk it, digital camera's are a lot cheaper than the discus he's selling....

take care,
Sandeep

RandalB
12-09-2004, 01:16 AM
He doesn't have any of Cary's fish. I talked to Cary today and he was unaware of the photos being used. He's also used Jeff's fish pics. The only distributor of Jeff's fish in Chicago is Butch (Chewal6)

Total Scam IMO. If they only take Western Union, they are probably scamming. I emailed the guy to arrange a local pickup and he refused, even for a cash deal.

Caveat Emptor....

RandalB

RyanH
12-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Yup, this is probably one to stay away from. The nice thing is, you guys have lots of buying options with the sponsors here on the forum. Jeff and Cary are both running sales right now I believe. Why take unnecessary risks? :)

Elcid
12-09-2004, 01:40 AM
You should see the pics of the fish he's trying to push!

RandalB
12-09-2004, 01:44 AM
www.greatlakesdiscus.com see them for yourself....

RyanH
12-09-2004, 01:53 AM
LOL :D

Elcid
12-09-2004, 01:57 AM
Actually the pics he sent me are not on Cary's site and they are not Jeff's pics either, I asked him.....

RyanH
12-09-2004, 02:00 AM
Post em'. My guess is that somebody here will recognize them as their own.

nacra99
12-09-2004, 02:06 AM
You know.. some poor guy is actually bidding on all his fish..... and winning....

discusboy777
12-09-2004, 02:08 AM
does any one think it smells fishy that it is the same user name (thatsmypicuass) winning most his auctions and is 0/0 bidder. i have never seen his user name on aquabid before.

thanks
Brad

RyanH
12-09-2004, 02:17 AM
That's too funny! Yeah, somebody is definately trying to screw up this guys auctions. Cary maybe?

RandalB
12-09-2004, 02:37 AM
That's too funny! Yeah, somebody is definately trying to screw up this guys auctions. Cary maybe?
I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might incriminate me...

The pics are stolen off Cary's old Site, my bad.....

RandalB

Balot
12-09-2004, 03:04 AM
HELLO PEOPLE I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO FROM THIS SITE. IM ONE OF THE GUYS THAT BID ON THE FISH :( . HE/SHE IS ASKING ME TO PAY FOR THE FISH NOW EVEN IF THE AUCTION HAS NOT ENDED. WELL THE PERSON IS ASKING ME TO PAY $200 FOR THOSE FISH.
WELL THANKS AGAIN
SPECIAL THANKS TO MARC WONG FOR E-MAILING ME.
GOD BLESS YOU GUYS AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

BALOT :)

April
12-09-2004, 04:21 AM
definitely carys pics. i can tell by the water marks..on the tanks. : )
they are all right. there are lots of great sponsors on this site. Danny is also having a great sale of some nice fish in breeders sponsor section. also Jeff has some very nice ones..and Cary has some.
Cant go wrong .
Also all these breeders /sponsors will give you support and advice and help if needed or asked.
If they wont allow local pickup and to come see...bad sign.

jeep
12-09-2004, 09:44 AM
does any one think it smells fishy that it is the same user name (thatsmypicuass) winning most his auctions and is 0/0 bidder. i have never seen his user name on aquabid before.

thanks
Brad
Very creative :D

nacra99
12-09-2004, 10:59 AM
HELLO PEOPLE I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO FROM THIS SITE. IM ONE OF THE GUYS THAT BID ON THE FISH :( . HE/SHE IS ASKING ME TO PAY FOR THE FISH NOW EVEN IF THE AUCTION HAS NOT ENDED. WELL THE PERSON IS ASKING ME TO PAY $200 FOR THOSE FISH.
WELL THANKS AGAIN
SPECIAL THANKS TO MARC WONG FOR E-MAILING ME.
GOD BLESS YOU GUYS AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

BALOT :)

I know that it was improper for me to do so (according to AB rules)....but it certainly helped me to sleep better.

marc

nacra99
12-09-2004, 11:03 AM
(thatsmypicuass)!!!????

Hahahahaha.......=)
Nice one!

RandalB
12-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Balot,
Don't worry pal, I think "Thatsmypicuass" is going to win the auction...

If you are seriously looking for the nice fish, contact Thatsmypic***** I mean Jeff or Cary...

www.discusfarm.us
or
www.greatlakesdiscus.com

JMHO,
RandalB

jeep
12-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Just curious... Has anyone contacted the owners of Aquabid?

I'd think they might be interested :confused:

JasonBR
12-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Was just curious about the person because he/she was from Chicago...I would NEVER EVER purchase Discus from Aquabid.

Jason

Elcid
12-09-2004, 12:30 PM
These are the pics he sent me:

Elcid
12-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Here's the pics he sent me:

Elcid
12-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Here's another pic he sent me:

Elcid
12-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Here's another:

Elcid
12-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Last one: He want's $300 for this one but is willing to accept a reasonable offer: ;)

CARY_GLdiscus
12-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Hello Elcid,

Some of thoses pics You are posting now belong to a old breeder known as mike wells. All I will say is none of my pairs are for sale and if they were they would be sold by Me!

THANKS to everyone who brought this to My attention : )

takecare
Cary + family

SantaFeDiscus
12-09-2004, 01:17 PM
I've got to chime in here:) I have had email contact with this person when they tried to sell fish last time but was kicked off aquabid and now this time. I asked for pics and this is what he sent, straight from GLD website, unbelievable:( I would be PISSED if someone stole my pics and then tried to scam people with pics of my fish! Unfortunately I doubt much can be done other than to look out for this imposter next time. The pic he sent is the pair of Marlboros on Cary's gallery 2.
Fred

discusboy777
12-09-2004, 01:21 PM
i think his old user name used to be lionfish1. he was kicked of aquabid for scaming people. i will contact aquabid.

SantaFeDiscus
12-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Your right it was lionfish! I remember too.

discusboy777
12-09-2004, 04:43 PM
ildiscus is now suspendid from aquabid. hahahahaha no one gets past the aquabid security force. ok well maybe a few lol

dpt8
12-09-2004, 10:32 PM
DO NOT SAY **** ***** !!!!!!!!!!!! HE RIPPED ME OFF OVER $300.00 !!!!!!! He is definetely a THEIF and so isn't his wife who also gives stories. That is why I definetely wanted input on Ildiscus.....

Breeder name edited to conform to board policy. Please IM or Email for more information.

Our board policy is not to post names in this type of situation.
Thanks,

The Simply Discus Team

JeffreyRichard
12-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Was just curious about the person because he/she was from Chicago...I would NEVER EVER purchase Discus from Aquabid.

Jason

I've purchased many fish on Aquabid ... I also had both good and bad experiences. I view Aquabid as a HIGH RISK/HIGH REWARD proposition ... you can find so incredible fish at incredible bargains, but you can just as easily be ripped off. If you have some "disposable" cash and don't mind losing it for an opportunity to find something really special, I'd recommend Aquabid.

Jeff

discusboy777
12-10-2004, 12:54 PM
aquabid is a great place to buy and sell fish and is a freindly community. but like jeffrey said high risk hi reward. Alot of the time you can spot out these con artist.

thanks
Brad

allan_mark76
12-10-2004, 02:49 PM
I believe he's posting fish under the psudo name of Showdiscus (http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/vfb.cgi?&&vfb&Showdiscus) (0/0 (http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/vfb.cgi?&&vfb&Showdiscus)) who has no feedback in is located in Chicago. Kinda conspicuous if you ask me.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwdiscus&1103307179

discusboy777
12-13-2004, 09:50 PM
i dont see his auctions (just a couple of mine) did he get kicked off again.

Balot
12-13-2004, 10:13 PM
This picture looks familiar... uuuummmmm!

nacra99
12-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Yeah... he got suspended.

discusboy777
12-14-2004, 12:06 AM
great
but iam shure that he will be back again.
if any one has any info on him ther is a fellow on aquabid buy the name of pete mang AKA lotsoffish he would like some would like some info on this guy.

thanks
Brad

Spices
02-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Just curious... What ever became of this individual and his imposterous business?

Do anyone have any information on AquaFishCity of Illinois, too? I'm in the market for some fine blue diamonds and I ain't in the mood of getting ripped off. I'm smoking gun for some bd's without the con games. ;) LOL

*Angie*

jaydoc
02-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Jeff and brewmaster were both selling BD's recently at a good price. I got 3 beauties from Al with my last order and I don't think he has sold them all.

RandalB
02-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Jeff or Brew all the way! Top Quality fish, expert fish guys, reasonable prices. Why go anywhere else? :D

JMHO,
RandalB

tpl*co
02-17-2005, 03:15 PM
I believe the auctioneer "fishfarmusa" is legit and a member of the board because I asked them about thier fish both here and on aquabid :) (will the member I'm taking about please raise their hand LOL). The fish wasn't quite what I was looking for though so didn't order though. I agree, e-mail the seller back and forth to see if they are for real before buying. I mostly get plants off of aquabid and mostly from those sellers I recognize.

JasonBR
02-18-2005, 05:56 AM
Aquafishcity in Chicago has nice fish...I just visited Jack and purchased some Blue Diamonds from him and they are doing very well and have beautiful color.

Jason

Spices
02-18-2005, 10:09 AM
LOL... RandalB... I know better. You're absolutely right. Why look any further. I get tempted anytime I see those blues or purplish discus. I guess I got to pay more attention to the names of seller rather than the color of the discus!

Thanks again for the replies. JayDoc, I'll check with the BrewMaster as RandalB directed. : )

*Angie*