PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Driftwood

drew22to375
12-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Anyone have any good sources for driftwood. I am looking for some longer branching driftwood for my 125. It doesn't have to be in one piece. I am going for a look that would be similar to submerged tree roots. I am wanting to fasten live plants to them. All I can find is the usual large pieces with a couple of branches that are attached to bases. Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thankx Drew..

GulfCoastDiscus
12-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Hi Drew,
I have this one for sale. If you're interested.

dan

JasonBR
12-14-2004, 12:47 PM
Drew, I know exactly what you are looking for...Do a search for "annies unique driftwood"...She is on ebay(ebay store) and has hundreds of pieces with photos...If you are looking for branchy pieces that are mounted to slate...My neighbor down the street just purchased 2 beautiful branchy pieces from her for his Discus tank.

Drew, NOT ALL DRIFTWOOD LEAKS AND TURNS YOUR WATER BROWN!!...Terrarium style driftwood will not turn your water brown but it has to be mounted to slate in order for it to sink...This is more of what she sells...Just a quick rinse off and NO soaking for weeks to get the tannins out.

Jason

jaydoc
12-18-2004, 12:08 PM
www.aquariumdriftwood.com

paul_burney
12-18-2004, 12:27 PM
I agree with Cary ya cant go wrong with Aquariumdriftwood.com have bought from them 2 times just tell them what you are looking for and they will get it for you.Arrives to you via UPs still wet.
Paul

Stephish
12-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know of good Canadian sites/sources for driftwood? I see that aquariumdriftwood.com ships to US only - too bad.