PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

95SoCalStang
12-14-2004, 10:54 PM
My Blue Turq has been acting funny ever since I added two more discus a few days ago to the tank. At first he was VERY aggressive towards the new comers and now he has stopped eating and started spending time on his own inside a Bell I have in the tank. Does he have hurt feelings because of the fact that I got a few new fish? His color is still strong and I see no sign of sickness other then the not eating...Any ideas? Does he just need to get acclimated to the new fish and he is on a hunger strike? Will maybe rearranging the tank give him more security to swim with the group? Thanks for the help!

Eric

Carol_Roberts
12-15-2004, 12:37 AM
Was he the only discus in the tank?

95SoCalStang
12-15-2004, 01:21 AM
No he was with 1 other Ocean Green...Now it is an Ocean Green, blue Turq, RT X Leopard, and a little Leopard SS.

jeep
12-15-2004, 10:31 AM
How is the other Ocean Green behaving? I doubt its feelings are hurt:(

Did you QT the new fish?

ShinShin
12-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Fish do not have "feelings" to hurt.

Carol_Roberts
12-15-2004, 05:25 PM
. . . but they do get scared, harassed and bullied. Also they get sick if exposed to new diseases. It sounds like you skipped quarantine?

95SoCalStang
12-15-2004, 09:57 PM
I did not quarantine for very long, only because I got them from a Discusfarm. I kept them for a few days by themselves and everything looked great for them. Basically the only time they are getting fiesty now is around feeding. My Blue Turq is out and swimming and eating.

Eric