PDA

View Full Version : Head spins

Ax
12-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Hi every one, I need some help.

One of my discuses this morning is not eating and doing head spins, all the rest look Fine and eating good, I do 30% daily water change, ph 7.6, Ammonia and Nitrates are at 0, temp was 86, I put temp at 92 and added 2 spoons of salt per 5 gal, but he is getting worse as I look. Any idea? I have 6 discuses in that, 70GL Planted tank. (Treatment is in a 15gl tall Quarantine tank)

Last night he was eating and was completely fine. No physical changes, color changes or damage. I check each fish head to tail every night. This one is a 4” PB, about 5 months old.

Ax
12-17-2004, 05:04 PM
He just passed away. He would go in to a frenzy beating himself
against the walls, I would hold him. he comes down, then in 20 - 30
min all over again., by the time I get hold of him, there was more and
more damage.:( This is one louse Friday.

Barb Newell
12-17-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi Alex, sorry to hear that he died. I'm wondering if he was blocked.
Was he bloated at all? Tipped on his head or tail? Did you try epsom salts?

Barb

Ax
12-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Hi Barb,

I moved him in to the QT, he was not bloated, or had any discoloration, and he was ok till 7am then it happened first time, I hate to compeer but it was like a person having an epileptic shock. Just go into frenzy. I did put 2 tablespoon of salt per 5 Gl in my 15 gl QT, turned off lights and put heat up to 90F.

Just wish there was something more I could have done. And lust night and this morning I know he was OK, You can actually see the damage adding on the moment he goes nuts.

Never seen this before, Brew send me an email, he thinks that maybe its “Whirling Disease” or something like food stack in the gills. That 70 GL will stay that way for the next 3 month.

Thank – you.

(P.S. I have separate tanks for yours. Two 33Gl - 4 per tank for the QT and they will go in to 110 GL in April)

Ax
12-17-2004, 06:58 PM
All others are OK, acting as nothing happened, and eating like pigs (something I am happy to see), but I put temp in 70GL at 92 and dropped the lights by 2 hours less.

I will do a 50% change every day instead of usual 30% per day, for the next week.