PDA

View Full Version : Wild Memories

Cosmo
12-18-2004, 11:26 PM
Hi All,

The wife found an old foto album today...judging by the fact there are angels in the tank it has to date back to about 1981... just though I'd share some of my first wilds :)

Jim

Tad
12-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Jim,
thanks for sharing such a great memory :) Darn near a quarter century ago!...Do you remember what type of filtration you used :)

regards,
Tad

Cosmo
12-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Tad,

That's an easy question to answer :) Wan't too many options back then :D

UGF driven by a double piston airpump (still sell these things !! - an electric motor with a belt that drives the two pistons into and out of the cylinders... LOUD)
AquaMaster Pro 500 power filter.. essentially a big electric motor mounted on a shaft that sat into a hang on back box that was about 15 or 18 inches long.. (I think that was name of it anyway)

The nice thing about the UGF is that as the CBWs crawled their way down thru the gravel, they'd eventually get thru the plate and be sucked to the surface by the current... made for a great, and very natural, constant feeding device :) Almost tempted to setup a UGF only for that reason... if only I could figure out how to keep it clean underneath !!! yuck..

Jim