PDA

View Full Version : ? About Prazi

DavidH
12-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Ok I've a choice of Prazi-Pro, Straight Prazi, or Prazi Pond.
Anyone up on the pros and cons of each.
Price of the Prazi-Pond seems most attractive.
Any info for where to buy would help. I've mostly use jehmco in the apast.
Buy the way I'm looking the treat flukes!
Thx Dave

rsawest@yahoo.com
12-22-2004, 12:47 AM
From what I've read and heard about Prazi Pro, it's a more diluted form of prazi.

I've heard about good results with Pond Prazi, and the price is right.

In the past,I used Barry Illman's prazi with good results, but since he no longer sells it, I will use the Pond Prazi. Thankfully, I don't think I need any right now. I may do some treatments later to try to get rid of some gill flukes.

Cosmo
12-23-2004, 12:47 AM
Prazi Pro from Jehmco is Prazi mixed with salt, I've gotten very good (if you can call dead worms on the floor of the tank good) results with it..
Jim

ocdiscus
01-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Cosmo, what's your dosage on prazi-pro? I just purchased prazi-pro. Direction says to put 1tsp/20gallon. Do I need to take the sponge filter out?

Carol_Roberts
01-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Sponge filter can stay in. Prazi kills flukes and tapeworms not bacteria. I don't know anything else about dosage, but what's on label.

Cosmo
01-09-2005, 11:02 AM
OC,

I follow the dosage directions on the label and that seems to be sufficient..

Jim

heckelcrazy
01-24-2005, 10:59 PM
i used some oldish (3-4years i think) pure prazi i got from a friend and about 1 hour after putting it in the tank i had the fish up gasping at the top of the water...i changed them into clean water and have been scared to use the prazi again. I have some fish that i do want to de-worm and de-fluke though to help them grow ...do you guys think that prazi-pro is the way to go then?

aran

Cosmo
01-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Hey Aran,

I like the prazi pro from Jehmco, I've used it several times on different tanks and never had a problem.. saves you adding salt too :) Having said that I just purchased some pure prazi from Jehmco cause I want to do a long term fluke treatment.. haven't used it yet, but I'm thinking it should be ok so long as it's not overdosed.. maybe it's because the stuff you had was out of date :confused:

I've never used the liquid Hikari Prazi Pro.. so don't know about that.. kinda weak though at <5% prazi I'm thinking :confused:

Jim

heckelcrazy
01-25-2005, 10:25 AM
guess i will get the powedered prazi-pro then and give that a go...is it impossible to dissolve like the pure stuff? If so what to do to get it into the water and how much do i need to do a 75G and a 65G tank?

cheers
aran

turkis
01-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Hi Aran,
You can write your own prescription and get it from the drug store, it is in pure form in a tablet named "Biltricide".
Check your PM.
Mario