PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Q's

Nikko
12-22-2004, 01:41 AM
I have 5 3"-3.5" discus right now that have been living in my 240g tank for approx. 4 months. I'm planning on getting 2 adults after Christmas(thanks to gift money :D) and I'm thinking: Will the 2 big ones will pick at the smaller ones? Also, are there any sites that will show every type of discus?, since I can't remember all the names of the types of discus there are.

jeep
12-22-2004, 09:12 AM
First of all, I hope you plan on placing the new ones in QT for up to 6 weeks...

I have some large discus in with some recently added smaller ones and there is no major conflict. As long as the numbers are large enough to spread any aggression around.

You should be fine! Especially when you get another 20 discus to fill that tank up :D

Howie_W
12-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Jeep pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. Quarantine of your new fish should be your first concern. After 6 weeks they should be good to go in with your other fish...by that time the little ones should be a bit bigger as well! :)

Howie

Carol_Roberts
12-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Jeep and Howie have given you good advice. . . always remember to quarantine. Discuspagina.nl shows different types of discus and lots of different names for discus. That does not mean that all the names are "breeds" or "set types" of discus. Contact a breeder or importer (or go to their website) to see what types of discus they have available.

Nikko
12-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the advice. I don't have a QT yet, but I know I'll need one. As much as I'd like to put 20 more discus in my tank, there wouldn't be enough space since there's 3 angels, 1 pleco, and 32 schooling fish consisting of silver dollars, tetras, and 12 other fish that I forgot the name of.