PDA

View Full Version : heater recommendations

Eddie
12-22-2004, 04:48 PM
I have a 29 gallon tank with two 150 watt Rena Heaters. One of the RENA's isn't working right and the other is burning up to keep the tank at 82 degrees. I'm thinking of dropping the Rena's altogether and getting another brand and maybe more wattage. What do you think I should go with? Thanks

Carol_Roberts
12-22-2004, 06:29 PM
A single 150 watt heater should do a 29 gallon. I like Won brother titanium (expensive). I still have a bunch of ebos in use too

Eddie
12-22-2004, 07:49 PM
sorry about the double pump. I posted this message here origanally but It didn't show up. I then posted another one in general discussion. my bad :o

drew22to375
12-22-2004, 08:46 PM
A single 150 watt heater should do a 29 gallon. I like Won brother titanium (expensive). I still have a bunch of ebos in use too
I second that Carol. I love those Titanium heaters. I bought a couple of the Titanium heaters from a member here. Jean I believe. They ended up costing the same price as a regular glass heater. Send Jean a PM and see if some are still available.

Drew..

Nikko
12-23-2004, 09:48 PM
I wanted to get one of those with the LCD temp display but I needed another heater ASAP.

Ardan
12-23-2004, 09:51 PM
I have been using some of the via aqua stainless steel unbreakables from Drs Fostersmith and only one has failed out of seven (not all used recently) but have had them over a yr.

hth
Ardan

Tad
12-23-2004, 10:18 PM
I have been using some of the via aqua stainless steel unbreakables from Drs Fostersmith and only one has failed out of seven (not all used recently) but have had them over a yr.

hth
Ardan

Ardan,
Im interested in the performance of the Via Aqua Stainless models, could you share what the reason was for the "one" failure?

Thanks,
Tad

Carol_Roberts
12-23-2004, 11:56 PM
I bought two via aquas a couple of years ago. One lasted 6 weeks - the 2nd lasted less than a year. I have 5 Won brother heaters - I did have one die after about 18 mos service . . .

babyjess210
12-24-2004, 12:16 AM
I used my visi-therm for about a year and put it in storage for 10 years and it's been 5 month since I put it back in action. My garage is 40 degrees in the morning and it keeps it @ 85 degrees morning, noon and night. I also use Via Aqua for 5 month and no problem yet.

Huy Nguyen
12-24-2004, 11:00 AM
I agree with babyjess. I had almost identical experience with Visi-therm like babyjess. I posted it in another thread. You can't go wrong with Visi-therm. It likes the Energizer Rabit. It keeps going n going n going. Even if you put it away for years the performance is still accurate and precise. I would recommand Visi-therm.