PDA

View Full Version : I´m looking for exporters of high quality discus.

Anders Hansson
12-30-2004, 07:54 AM
Can anyone please help me out here ? I live in Sweden and the discus here are not so good. I want to import from some good breeders in Asia.

Anders

Jeff
12-30-2004, 12:57 PM
I strongly recomend these two places. I personally have bought thousands of discus from each of them.

http://absolutediscus.com/
http://ivanseahdiscus.com/

Anders Hansson
12-30-2004, 04:18 PM
Thank You for your quick reply !

Have you had any problems with the fish, the plauge etc.

Any special treatment when the fish arrives to make it without any loss.

Anders

Sorry for my bad english

Jeff
12-30-2004, 10:07 PM
Anders,

There are always things you have to watch for as far as health. That is just the importers responsibility. I still buy from both of these guys and will soon be getting another shipment from both of these guys if that tells you anything. I would not recomend them if I did not think you would be happy with them.

Jeff

Anders Hansson
01-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Thank You for your reply !!

what strains do you recommend from the 2 breeders ?

Anders

Jeff
01-03-2005, 02:33 PM
That is just personal preferance. Ivan has some really nice goldens and Royal Reds. They are the tops. Wong has nice Mandarin Passions and LSS.

Anders Hansson
01-11-2005, 03:53 PM
does any of those guys use hormones ?

Have you tried Lucky Tropical fish farm as well ?

victor
01-13-2005, 11:43 AM
sombody tried lucky tropical??? :confused:

JimmyL
01-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Luckytropical's Lawrence is an nice and knowlegeable guy to deal with. He'll tell what he is breeding and selling. There are many categories of fish that you can choose from with the same strain and size. Tailer made to your preferences. He will tell you which strains of fish he doesn't breed himself. There is a big difference of the fish you want to keep for yourself and those you want to sell and there is a big difference in life expectancy, color and size between the two major categories of fish. There is no surprises dealing with him. I don't deal with him directly and that's what have reported to me by my freinds who had bought from him in Europe.. In fact, Lawrence sold a lot of his fish in the US through many middle men who claimed as their own. His major customers are in France, Holland and Germany. He may be able to speak your language too.
Jimmy.

Discus-Hans
01-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Anders, if you are in Sweden, try http://www.diskuszucht-stendker.de/ not Asia I know,but maybe a little bit easier, just a thought, Hans.

Anders Hansson
01-18-2005, 03:27 PM
I have some of his fish but I looking for some of the new colourvarietes.

Anders Hansson
03-27-2005, 06:12 PM
So Kumlin,

which of the 2 would you order from if you just could order from one of them ??

Jeff
03-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Go with Lucky. That is the better one. I too have delt with Lawrence. He is very good.

dirk0
04-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Has anyone used www.vaquariumthailand.com?