PDA

View Full Version : Sacremento?

Samurai
12-31-2004, 09:29 PM
Anybody know any small-time breeders in the Sacremento Area? I've been looking for a quality supplier and Capital aquarum is the only one I've found and their fish are skeptik at best, and $50 a pop for 1.5" discus! Hope to hear from ANYBODY soon. No offense to you mail order guys, but It's just not worth the risk to ship them to me!

Discusgeo2
01-01-2005, 11:13 AM
I know of no one in the Sacremento area that breeds Discus. I know this becasue my brother lives in Yuba City and when I visit we would go looking for Discus in the area. Always had to make the drive to the Bay area. I didn't know of Cliff at the time
George

But if you drive make a trip and visit Cliff Discus in San Francisco. Here is Cliffs info.
Cliffs Discus (http://www.cliffsdiscus.com/index.htm)
:)
Cliff Young cydiscus@hotmail.com
P.O Box 591254
San Francisco, CA 94159
(415) 387-1699

triciamc
01-12-2005, 11:25 PM
We bought some beautiful discus from Sunrise Tropicals in Daly City.

www.sunrisetropicals.com/index.html

tpl*co
01-18-2005, 07:57 PM
I know what you mean about the quality lately at Capital Aquarium :mad: (and I frequent there enough that they know me by name and two of my fish are from there! Took me a while to get them in shape too.). I'm from the area too and a lot of the local places are hit and miss or sell sickly looking fish with unknown backgrounds. I'd be interested in any good places in the area too.

SantaFeDiscus
01-19-2005, 12:52 AM
I moved from Sacramento to Santa Fe, NM just last march. I used to live downtown and I frequented Capital Aquarium often. I agree there fish are overprised and not very good quality. There was one other fish store that actually bred discus and angels at there shop. I can't remember the name of the store but I remember the general location. All there discus were pb though so hope you like PB. Other than that good luck. If you want me to give you general directions to this shop pm me.
Good luck,
Fred
ps. I actually think it would be well worth your time to order by airport to airport from a credible breeder, there are many on this site.

tpl*co
01-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Was it Aquaworld in Carmichael? They have a few breeding tanks. I've had good and bad luck with some of their fish, but I get my blackworms from them (until I get my shipment :D ). O street aquarium can get some in, but I think they are imports. I just saw a young red/white discus at another local pet store that I like but they want way too much for, he looks a little under nourished and they have no guarantee. I may give them an offer on the fish though (though I don't know where I'd put him ;) . I know it seems we have mostly blue diamond, RT, and pigeons in this neck of the woods! (I really want a healthy red/white discus or one of those mystiques !) ;)

SantaFeDiscus
01-19-2005, 12:41 PM
You know what, I don't even remember were Carmichael is. If you take 80 north or east from the downtown area you would exit right onto (greenback or madison I can't remember which) and go about 2 miles and its on your right. They probably had around 10 tanks with pairs and juvs, but like I said mostly PB. Hope this helps.
Fred

allan_mark76
01-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Jeff at www.discusfarm.us to me is the best in Cali for imports. Check him out.

:bounce:

tpl*co
01-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Yep, that's Aquaworld alright. He's on Madison. When I looked last he has a couple of pairs going and they are turquoises now :) . I looked at Jeff's website but he has a min order and the shipping is high, even though he's in LA. :( . I was hoping for something driving distance since I can (possibly) at most squeeze in one more discus in my tank (I have some tanks in the back yard waiting to be cleaned though, now where to put them??? ;) )

discus4life
01-19-2005, 08:11 PM
if you like i will keep you i mind and when i drive up to sacramento i could drive them up to you in from los angeles. hahaha... fish delivery service. hahahaha

tpl*co
01-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey, I might take you up on that :o . If my dh wouldn't kill me, I'd use frequent flier miles and get them (hmmmm, could I take a trip to Disneyland and stop there on the way back?) LOL!