PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ eating problem

netpirate
01-07-2005, 03:57 AM
Hey Everyone,

I just finished medicating my discuss about 3 days ago and did a 25% water change. I have a 30 gallon tank, with a bio-filter, good water movement, and contain plastic and live plants, and drift wood. Since the medication my discuss hasnt been eating. It stays hidden behind plants and the piece of drift wood. I have had the discuss for about 3 months now and before it was eating just fine. Its food is bloodworms and discuss pellets. If anyone has any suggestions please let me now. Thank you.

GulfCoastDiscus
01-07-2005, 08:21 AM
What did you medicate with? Sometimes discus goes off their food after medicating. Give them time. Add salt, increase the heat and do large waterchange daily.

dan

babyjess210
01-07-2005, 12:41 PM
I agree with Dan. Humm He told me the same thing few weeks ago. My discus did not eat for a week after treatment and 2 did not eat for 2 weeks but with the large WC and salt they started eating.

BTW Thanks for the advice Dan!!

funkyfish
01-22-2005, 09:04 PM
i agree salt helps and pleanty of clean water the salt will mite kill some of ur live plants but i think it's worth some dead plants for a healthy fish

lots of luck

Howie_W
01-23-2005, 01:34 AM
Hey Everyone,

I just finished medicating my discuss about 3 days ago and did a 25% water change. I have a 30 gallon tank, with a bio-filter, good water movement, and contain plastic and live plants, and drift wood. Since the medication my discuss hasnt been eating. It stays hidden behind plants and the piece of drift wood. I have had the discuss for about 3 months now and before it was eating just fine. Its food is bloodworms and discuss pellets. If anyone has any suggestions please let me now. Thank you.

In addition to Dan's question;

How many Discus do you have in the tank and how old are they? A 30 gallon tank is small for anything more than a pair of Discus. Along with the other things described in your tank you have significantly less than 30 gallons of water to work with.

Are there other fish in your tank? Please describe your set-up, including substrate, and how often you change your water and clean the tank, and filters.

Howie