PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 2-3" Heckels

discuspro
01-11-2005, 03:44 AM
Does anyone know where to get atleast five Heckels at the size 2-3". I live in Austin, Texas and either shipping or local pickup I am willing to do.

peteypob
01-11-2005, 04:31 AM
Have you tried aquatek? The last time I drove to austin I thought I saw some.
Pete

brewmaster15
01-11-2005, 06:41 AM
Hi ,
Wild heckels that size are availible from time to time...Haven't see any advertised recently though.

Can I ask why you want them that small?

-al

discuspro
01-11-2005, 03:06 PM
So peteypob do you live close to Austin? I'm looking for that size just because I want them a bit smaller than adult size. I've had both sizes before and in my experience found that the adults sometimes have a harder time overall getting used to aquariums, that is if they are caught when they are adults. When I've had young Heckels they seemed to be easier adapted to aquariums over the period of their lifetime. Other people may have different results but that's what I've found.

heckelcrazy
01-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Mate... mike at hepsdiscuscenter is selling 3.5 inch heckels for about 40bucks a piece i think. I dont know if they are pure heckels..pics look ok but i think we all know about mike and pics.

check it out and see what they are like
I have never bought fish from him personally but I have seen a couple of my mates here in NY who have bought from him...not bad fish at all really.

aran

Northwestcoastdisc
01-11-2005, 03:43 PM
They are not PURE breed line. They are cross breed howver they are carry wild gene, but they are looking nice fish.

Duncan

NWCD