PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country Discus Trip!

roclement
01-11-2005, 10:57 PM
So here it is...as soon as it warms up I want to organize a cross country MOTORCYCLE, Discus trip!!!

I am leaving from Philadelphia and want to cover as much country as possible in about 10 days. Not only I want to cruise this beautifull country, but I also want to meet some nice people, and share some experiences with everyone.

What I am looking for is for stop destinations, or even traveling partners! Anyone up for it!? Unfortunatle my trip will not allow me to buy any fish, but the memories I intend to gain and share will by far surpass all of it!

So what do you all think!? Any Iron Butts out there wanting to take the trip!? Anyone willing to be a travel destination and maybe a sleep-over site for a tired soar butt traveller!?

I am shooting to go in May, as long as it is not freezing up here, nothing set in stone yet, open to discussion. As of now I am the only one coming, with a possible second.

Let me know what you all think! We can all plan this trip togheter and then share the stories on-line as I ride by your house and eat your food...I mean...visit you!

I know this will come, I ride a Harley, any bikes are welcome! As long as you ride, you can ride with me!

Rodrigo

roclement
01-11-2005, 11:03 PM
here are me and my bike!

Rodrigo

CARY_GLdiscus
01-12-2005, 12:18 AM
Well Makesure You stop in the big D

I'll whip up some Yard bird and we will drink a few brews : )

Cosmo
01-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Hey Rodrigo...

Where are the fish going to ride :confused:

Jim

Carol_Roberts
01-12-2005, 01:20 AM
If that's you in the bandana who is the guy in your avatar? If you make it to Oregon I'm right off I-5 :)

mench
01-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Well if ya make it up to the western NY area ya are sure welcome here...

Mench

roclement
01-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Hello all!

Now this is a start! I got some destinations already! Can start planing!

That is me in the avatar as well, before the facial hair, you can imagine the face of people that work with me all day with a suit and tie, when they see me out and about in the street in my day-to-day clothing! A lot of people don't recognize me...

I think I am going to start to plot a trip plan and post here! Gotta find a way to hook up an air pump to my saddlebags to put some fish...maybe I'll put my cats in the other one...

Rodrigo

Discus_KC
01-12-2005, 10:10 AM
KC and some BBQ !!!!!

Jack

brewmaster15
01-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Rod,
I think you should head northeast first, a small little discus place in CT :D :D :D , then go up to NY and Mench and the guys, then go west and stop off in detroit for the GLD tour, drop south and see Rockymtndiscus and Discus KC... continue west and stop off and see Patrick in colorado,,, and continue west and check Cliffs discus in cali and Jeff young.. then head north and see carol and Heps. Then swing back.. Course you could shoot south from KC's and hit florida... many discus stops there... and then head west...see Danny Ng and John Nicholson... and then head up to cali.

Lots of options for a lot of fun..

Good luck..wish I rode a bike and had the time! :)

-al

roclement
01-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Brew...you started off like a real travel guide but I got somewhere in the midwest...

I do think that heading up north first and then crossing from there sounds like a good idea. I don't know if I will have time to get all the way to California and back without going crazy and breaking a few laws!

Has anyone treid something like this with a car before...crossing country is easy, the Discus component in the challenge!

Rodrigo

aloha-discus1
01-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Theres also Dan in Houston and me in Nebraska or we could all meet at Jacks in KC and I will BBQ Hawaiian style.

Aloha, Ike

PS if its okay with Deb, Right Jack. :angel:

John_Nicholson
01-12-2005, 10:54 AM
You are more them welcome to stop in the real big D. You can visit me, Danny, Dallas Discus, plus 2 other serious discus hobbiest. One of which is an old scooter bum. Loads of fun I promise.

-john

Evan
01-12-2005, 11:20 AM
that's a great idea, I wish there were a few big setups in my area. My bike is not a X country machine..

CARY_GLdiscus
01-12-2005, 05:57 PM
LOL JOHN

allan_mark76
01-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Oh man you are sooooo lucky for a trip like that.... :bandana:

Jeff in NC
01-12-2005, 06:16 PM
We have room for you here if you come south.I only have 4 aquariums (all full of discus).But I have plenty of room and will ride with ya for a state or 2.We can do the Blue Ridge Parkway ride.Or take the outter banks trip.Jeff

April
01-12-2005, 06:41 PM
dont forget vancouver.. canada..just a bit north of carol..ok..so its a very long ways off. lol. all of us west coast discus guys get left out in the non-cold.when all the discus people get to meet..waaaaaaa.
at least we can say we have daffodils and tulips and green grass when all of you are still freezing your butts off..

Dkarc@Aol.com
01-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Hit me up if you wanna head down to Central Florida!! Tons of discus nuts down here.....if you wanna, go even further South to Miami to visit Gabe, Alberto and Jerry.

-Ryan

roclement
01-12-2005, 07:37 PM
UAU! How many replies! Thank you all!

I will try to cover as much ground as possible, while eating and drinking with all of you! What I am going to do is plot a tentative travel map and post it here.

Can I get a row call of people that are willing to become stops on my crazy voyage. I would love to know your locations so that I can start plotting the map!

Be sure that I will eat all your food, drink all your beer, talk your ears off, hopefully take a shower now and then, shave (maybe), and date your single daughters! But one thing I wont do...I will not steal your Discus, I don't mess with peoples religions! : ) I am good at lifting heaby things so I can help moving tanks or doing water changes...

I might also take over your computer to post here in Simply updates of the trip!

You guys are the best!

Rodrigo

aggie_67
01-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Have to say, your trip will be a real challenge. If your bike is like my classic, I only get 100 miles between gas stations.

Northwestcoastdisc
01-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Stop by me and we can go fishing to catch some nice big salmons and some monster halibuts. then we can go to April for BBQ and drink couples of beers.

Duncan

roclement
01-12-2005, 11:49 PM
hello again...

aggie_67...it will be tough...96 miles between stops at most...the longest ride I did was two straight days of 1000+miles, total "iron butt" material...I am willing to try it...worst that can happen is me wussing out and staying a couple of days in one location resting...

to my fellow Canadians...I am not an American citizen, I am here on a green card, that means that if I want to go to Canada I need a visa...in these post 911 days this is a complication that I can't afford...maybe by next time I will have my citizenship all squared away...the I can have my "I am a citizen" tour to thank all you wonderfull people for welcoming me into your country!

Rodrigo

Discus Plus
01-13-2005, 01:19 AM
I wish I had the time in the summer to do something like this. Please make sure you take alot of pics for us!

Derrick