PDA

View Full Version : stunted discus update.

discusboy777
01-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi every one this an update of some discus that i reaceved stunted.

any comment are they still stunted

discusboy777
01-18-2005, 09:06 PM
here is a close up to show pattern devolapement.

discusboy777
01-18-2005, 09:09 PM
this red ragon i got for allmost free and was stunted when i got him.
the peppering keeps going away more and more.
is it still stunted

discusboy777
01-18-2005, 09:12 PM
any one know what this is? all i know is that it is a Gorgeous discus.
(its fins arent tucked it is just cought in a turn.

is it maybe ocean green.

Spices
01-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Hi,

That last image (blue) looks much like one of mine (which is now at an adult age). However it is still too young to be certain, but it looks like a blue diamond or blue cobalt. Perhaps you should wait a few more months before knowing what color those babies will be. For now, feed and clean tanks often and feed plenty (veggies & protein foods).

Best of luck....

*Angie*

discusboy777
01-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Hi,

That last image (blue) looks much like one of mine (which is now at an adult age). However it is still too young to be certain, but it looks like a blue diamond or blue cobalt. Perhaps you should wait a few more months before knowing what color those babies will be. For now, feed and clean tanks often and feed plenty (veggies & protein foods).

Best of luck....

*Angie*

Hi spices thanks for your reply i feed plenty of of good foods and they get atleast a 25%(if not more) water change a day.

the first pic should turn out to be juled diemind (spelling is wrong) and the second red dragon or pigien thanks for your reply on the third pic it shows a awesom purple to a greenish blue like in pic it changes in the diffrent lights.

Carol_Roberts
01-19-2005, 12:41 AM
Hi Brad:
The blue one is a cobalt because of the markings on the face and fins- a blue diamond wouldn't have any markings at all. You discus look fat and healthy now - you've done a good job with them :) They missed some early months of growing which can not be made up - they will always be smaller than if you'd raised them from babies.

discusboy777
01-19-2005, 12:54 AM
Hi carol thanks for the reply yes they are all very fat and healthy.(exept one that came down with gill flukes he is no longer the same tank but iam worried that they can still spread.

i just orderd in RO unit from randelB i think he sent it out today for my adults that just turned around 12-14 months old. So hopefully i will get some spawns. after all the hard work i have been doing(but i enjoy doing the work.

BGTW
01-20-2005, 12:31 AM
I say Brad, they are just fine. Let 'em grow. And when they breed someday, you'll be glad you did not cull them. Because runts more often than not spawn quicker (JMO)and give you some great fry. GREAT fry, trust me.
Besides, they look good.

Bob

Cichlidnut
01-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Just wanted to add that your discus look great to me. I have a blue cobalt that is stunted cuz he arrived loaded with lots of goodies (hexamita, vibrio and then septicemia) and the stress of transport brought them all out. I didn't think he was going to make it but after treatment with everything from metro to Furan-2 the little guy pulled thru. He's still small but seems to be slowly gaining ground on the others. I figured he fought so hard to live he deserves his spot in my tank. Hang in there and keep doing whatever you're doing!

discusboy777
01-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the kind comments every one.

Carol i have i ? for you doesent the pattern on dragon normally start to come out at about 4in becuse this discus is just over 3in and look at all the pattern it has.

PS the discus in the bottom of the pics head isint idented like that it is just the camera angal

Carol_Roberts
01-20-2005, 10:01 PM
With pigeons the color starts to develop around 4 months and continues to fill in and gain more color (red or white) for the next year or so.