PDA

View Full Version : Flourish Excel

_bloom_
01-18-2005, 09:14 PM
I've read that it's not a good idea to use carbon in filters for a discus tank, and just wondering if the carbon Flourish Excel provides can cause problems for discus also. I'm guessing that the answer is no b/c I think Excel somehow makes more organic carbon available, but wanted to be sure. Thanks, Steve

Wahter
01-18-2005, 10:11 PM
No problem using Excel with discus - I used it everyday for about 2 weeks while I was looking around for another local source to refill my CO2 tanks. They plants grew okay, though I think they grow better with the pressurized CO2. My tanks are barebottom with plants in pots.

krandrus
01-18-2005, 11:05 PM
I want to give my tag of endorsement to flourish excel. I don't use CO2 as I have drawn the line for how far I am willing to go for my planted tank.

I did not use the excel for about 2 months because I was more wrapped up raising baby cichlids and my discus. I noticed last week that I was getting a bit of a die off. I have spiked with excel twice in the last week and there is noticable new growth on all of the plants that were dieing off. I wish that I had taken a before and after picture to demonstrate that. I have a mix of laterite and gravel in the substrate, and I am running low to medium light at 1.25 watts per gallon.

Kevin

_bloom_
01-24-2005, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the help. Ordered some excel and some other stuff this weekend. Thanks again, Steve

billeagan
02-20-2005, 11:40 AM
I used the entire line of flourish products in my tank and loved them.

However, one of the people I bought plants from turned me on to Natural Aquarium Vital by Marc Weiss. The pro liked it better and I noticed a difference over the excel.

DOC JONES
02-20-2005, 11:56 AM
I to use flourish products and they have done great. Of course the big thing is light and once a good source of light is interduced the flourish products give that extra boost for the plants.