PDA

View Full Version : Big troubles....2 dead....

Marco164
01-20-2005, 01:08 AM
Hey So I have no idea whats going on....Nitrites were to high...did water change and everything is balanced...first one i think you were right barb it was fat when it died....but i've been using salt LOTS like since i got them salt after every water change...also I just lost another one...THey show no signs except breathing fast...then they die same day as they start.... heres another pic of another one today :(

addition: All i can see is they sorta fade in color....eye color faded too...and then stopped eating today...

jules
01-20-2005, 07:40 AM
Hi Marco, not sure what meds you used but it may have upset your biological filtration. Nitrite poisoning/ammonia??

Barb Newell
01-20-2005, 08:18 AM
Hi Marco, I did this shortcut to your other post so you don't have to repeat how this started.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=41267

Are these new fish? did you get them recently or have you had them for a while? have you contacted the seller? Have you added anything new to the tank?

What are you readings, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? How much salt do you have in there?

Barb

jules
01-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Marco, what filter are you using? Do you have a pre filter? Did you clean it recently in chlorinated water? We need more details.

Julie