PDA

View Full Version : Should I Let Them Breed?

wsoxman
01-25-2005, 01:42 PM
I just had a Blue Diamond Female pair up with a White Butterfly Male in my show tank. They laid eggs 2 times. Very protective parents too. See photo

My question to the breeders that fully understand strains...
SHOULD I BREED THESE TWO FISH?
IF SO, WHAT WOULD I GET in Color?

I see to many MUTTs out on the market. Breeders took a lot of time building strains and I don't want to contribute to the dog strain.

JackJ

Carol_Roberts
01-25-2005, 06:38 PM
This will make blue pandas - some will have more peppering than others.

ShinShin
01-26-2005, 12:28 AM
I see to many MUTTs out on the market. Breeders took a lot of time building strains and I don't want to contribute to the dog strain.

JackJ[/QUOTE]

Good for you.

dpt8
01-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Looks like the survey says............ YES !! Why not. You will have some beautiful babies. Some blue pandas, some not. Some with peppering but you will have peppering breeding white butterfly to white butterfly. I have a beautiful blue diamond SS female. How do you think she came about ?? She has 3 doz. fry that are two weeks old today with a huge melon male. I am so happy to have the experience of raising fry. They should be pretty babies and I will not infect the other breeds with my few babies. I am gaining knowledge every day thanks to all on Simply and HenryD. I learnt how to hatch bbs ( at least some) :0) Now I have gained so much in a few weeks!! Great training plus you pair are beautiful together. Good luck with the fry. Ship the parents to me hahah And fry......

ShinShin
01-28-2005, 02:26 PM
I vote no. No more mutts. ;)

Unless one has a goal to improve a line of discus, they ought not be breeding them. To breed them just to "see what happens" is not a good reason to breed. There is enough crap out there without more being added. :)