PDA

View Full Version : Which type of blue fish

jerseyjoe
01-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Which ones are recommended for someone with little experience with discus.
I would like to breed them ( just for the experiece and the fun of it )
I like tank busters ( as large as possible )
Has to be solid blue
Relatively easy strain
I know this is a real good place to start my search. I would appreciate experiences of the members in the forum. any comment or suggestion is welcomed. Thanks

funkyfish
01-30-2005, 09:56 PM
to me a discus is a discus i have 4 diff kinds they all are bout the same in caring for . the size has a lot to do with the genetics and how well u feed them . i just shoot for health fish and leave the rest up to the fish . bd are nice for color bss are nice to. take ur pic there are a lot of blue type discus

love what u do do what u love

Northwestcoastdisc
01-30-2005, 10:13 PM
There is lot of varity names of discus have nice blue colors.

Soild blue lists
1) cobalt blue
2) Blue Diamonds
3) VR
4) Blue kinghts
more

non solid blue

1) Blue snakeskins
2) blue turquoises
3) Brillant blues
more

They are very nice colors

hth

Duncan

Carol_Roberts
01-31-2005, 12:01 AM
Read through "buy Sell Trade" and the photo gallery to get an idea of who has what for sale right now . . .

Northwestcoastdisc
01-31-2005, 01:58 AM
excellent Carol's idea ! It would best help for him

Duncan

jules
01-31-2005, 07:37 AM
I'd say Cobalt or Blue Diamond, - the older strains seem more resilient.

Cosmo
01-31-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm with funkyfish, but to each their own... which blue strain you pick should be the one that pleases you most

Jim

April
02-01-2005, 04:44 PM
if you want large blue fish..potentially according to care ..i would suggest discus fantasys blue reflections. they get quite large. their basically solid blue . the reflection deeps are quite solid blue and quite large. their basically a cobalt. his webpage is www.discusfantasy.com . i have some..and they have been extremely healthy and happy since day one. and have grown into beauties. i need to take more pics of them lately.

jerseyjoe
02-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the help everyone...