PDA

View Full Version : Discus Sale- San Francisco

tsr181
02-01-2005, 07:08 PM
1) Discus SALE...San Francisco Aquarium Society Auction: http://www.sfaquarium.org/ this Friday February 4th...8PM…after the presentation on Travel & Fish Collecting in the Amazon by Jim Forshey. Some local hobbyists are bringing in discus to sell at auction…a discus collectors do-not-miss sale. Open to the public…no membership required.

2)Discus SALE...San Jose ...Silicon Valley Aquarium Society Auction: www.svas.info this Saturday February 5th...7PM…after the presentation on Discus by Discus Expert Dick Au…some local breeders are bringing in discus to sell at auction…Open to the public…no membership required.

tpl*co
02-01-2005, 07:57 PM
No fair! Your aquarium clubs are so much better than ours! :p . I wish you'd take those sales about 200 miles inland? LOL! Boy, if I wasn't scared driving 80 to SF at night!

goldengatediscus
02-01-2005, 09:59 PM
If you come to the San Jose meeting, which is on a Saturday night, you can leave Sacramento in the afternoon, and take your time to drive to San Jose. The meetings really do start on time, and Dick Au will probably be done by 8pm or 815pm. The auction will start at 830pm.

If you arrive at the meeting early enough, and want to purchase some fish from me directly, before I check them in for the auction, then pm me. You will be back home in Sacramento before midnight! Also, 80 to 680 ain't so bad at night. Maybe you can find a friend or SO to keep you company during the drive to San Jose.
Brigitte

CliffsDiscus
02-02-2005, 02:35 PM
No fair! Your aquarium clubs are so much better than ours! :p . I wish you'd take those sales about 200 miles inland? LOL! Boy, if I wasn't scared driving 80 to SF at night!

tpl*co,
Discus availablity may be closer then you think. Have you checked
out Phil's place in Antioch, Fintastic? He's breeds and sells his own
Discus. His prices are very reasonable since he doesn't have to import Discus
to sell, get the Discus where the buck starts.

This looks like a good weekend for Discus the San Francisco Aquarium Society
has many Discus breeders and also the Back to Nature man will probably be
there too(Dick Au) this Friday.
For Saturday's Discus there is the SVAS during the evening, the speaker
is also Dick Au the title is Ultimate Discus. As I understand there will be
many Discus for sale from some of the local breeders.

Cliff

goldengatediscus
02-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Just to be clear. Dick Au is NOT the speaker at the San Francisco Meeting on Friday. Jim Forshey is the speaker.

Dick Au will be the speaker at the Silicon Valley meeting in San Jose on Saturday, and the title is Ultimate Discus. I'll be taking all my fish for sale to the Saturday meeting.
Brigitte

tpl*co
02-02-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm tempted! I'm just scared to drive there at night though. What about picture cell phones and bidding by proxy ;)

tpl*co
02-02-2005, 11:06 PM
My son's school is having a function on Saturday evening that I volunteered for and I can't make it to the sale :(

lldewe
02-03-2005, 03:00 PM
I am in the SF area but will not be going to any meetings. I am looking to purchase 4-6 really nice discus for my own aquarium though if anyone has any available ;-)

Lorie

DiscusFiend209
02-05-2005, 04:59 AM
Hey, i was about to go to the event today with David(Crazy4Discus) but it was a bit late.

Did anyone here went to the event?
If so, What type of Discus did they have there? and how much did they go for?
I went to 1 of these Discus auction way back in 2003...Pretty fun place...Just wondering what strains of Discus they had this time...

I will Definitely be there next Month.

Henry

goldengatediscus
02-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Come on down to the San Jose meeting today, Saturday evening.. There'll be lots of fish for sale!