PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Speak/Write Polish ?

Cosmo
02-02-2005, 08:09 PM
We have a cleaning lady come in once a week who speaks very little English, only Polish... I've told her MANY times not to touch the tank, but caught her in the act last week, and now there are streak marks on my newly cleaned tank that weren't there this morning :mad: If she were still here I'd wring her neck :mad:

Can anyone tell me how to write...

Eva, NEVER, EVER, TOUCH THE FISH TANKS !!!

Thanks in advance :)

Jim

etr63
02-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Hi cosmo

I did a search for translators and came up with this.

Eva, NIGDY, KIEDYKOLWIEK, NIE DOTYKAJĄ RYBNYCH ZBIORNIKÓW!!!

Here is the link to the site.

http://www.1-800-translate.com/machine_trans/

HTH

Earl

Cosmo
02-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Hey Earl,

That's pretty cool... thanks :)

I won't get slapped will I :D

appreciate the help

Jim

VOYTEK
02-04-2005, 03:30 PM
translator hmm okey but ... that's correct and has nice form as well :)

Ewo, prosze nie czysc, szyb akwariow :)

( Eva, please do not clean the "glass" of the tanks ) doesn't sound super well in english but it's correct it polish :)

C YA LATER GUYS

be nice 4 Eva :) lol ;)

Cosmo
02-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Voytek,

Thanks :) Was ready to kill her the other day, but....I went back on the translator Earl had found and got a way to say PLEASE don't touch or clean.. so I'll use yours since it's the correct nice way... however,,, if I EVER catch her again I'll physically throw her out... lol she's a small woman fortunately... lol

Jim

Cosmo
02-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Well,

Eva came today, and I had a sign hanging on the tank, written in Polish using the "nice" way of saying it Voytek was kind enough to give me. Also did get a few more phrases off the translator (cleaning chemicals dangerous to the fish) and (fish scare easily).

She read it and smiled and said... ok, I understand :)

now... only if she really does :confused:

Jim

Howie_W
02-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Jim,

Maybe you should get dressed up in a little cleaning outfit complete with feather duster and have your wife take a pic of you in front of your tanks. :lipsrseal

Next step; print out the pic and place a bright red circle around it with a slash through it...hang it up in the center of the fishroom and voila you'll be all set! :idea: :grin:

Howie

P.S.

Don't forget to post the pic here so we can see it! :vanish:

Cosmo
02-10-2005, 11:50 PM
ROFL

Howie... LOVE your idea :) Just might take you up on posting a pic like that :D Remember the old adage... be careful what you ask for .... :D

Jim

... wish I would have thought of that before writing the sign in Polish lol