PDA

View Full Version : Hallelujah, I've seen the light!!!

Bobby_L
02-04-2005, 05:02 PM
After converting a growout tank to painted bb last week, I'm now on to the next tank. No doubt the tank is cleaner and it's sooo much easier to clean. The white violet (Twinberry Blossom semi-gloss latex) I'm painting the back and bottom is nice and bright so I'm looking forward to seeing how the fish look in a lighter setting. I wonder if the sand will work on my patio pavers?

Total tear down has been a good chance to totally clean AC filters. Shifting the fish back an forth to a temporary tank is a pain but I'm thinking it'll be worth it.

Carol_Roberts
02-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Good job, Bobby - you will love it :)

177ichael
02-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Looks really nice Bobby. I'm in the process of setting up a Discus tank myself. Do you have two sponge filters in that tank or is one just a prefilter for your AC?

Michael

Bobby_L
02-04-2005, 06:18 PM
It's a prefilter on the 300/70 AC.

Cosmo
02-04-2005, 08:53 PM
looks great Bobby... you're right... it'll be worth it :)

Jim

Greg Richardson
02-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Bob way to go! You will see much better growth results as well the health of your fish be enhanced.
Just keep doing water changes no matter how tired you may be.
Last night I almost went to bed instead of doing one but glad I stuck with my schedule. Not only will your fish be more happy but you will be to.

Bobby_L
02-05-2005, 03:07 AM
As I was resetting up my 45g, it dawned on me that now was a good chance to pp the tank prior to putting the fish back in, so I took out the filter sponges but left the prefilter on. Immediately after adding ~ 1/8 tsp pp the the color turned from purple to yellow brown, indicating lots of organics. After 3hrs I went to remove the prefilter, squeezing it to remove water, to my surprise fine particles came rushing out. Apparently the pp really lossen up a bunch of crude. Three years without a major cleaning is probably not good. My fish are going to think they've been in a sewer!!!