PDA

View Full Version : Source for prepared beef heart

discuscraze
02-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Does anybody sell beef heart (prepared for discus) by the pound? I buy Jack Wattley cubes with garlic now. I am looking for some quality stuff that is liked by discus.

Dkarc@Aol.com
02-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Get some BH cubes from www.fishdigbeefheart.com (http://www.fishdigbeefheart.com) It is already cleaned and prepped for you. Just grind them up and add in your other ingredients (shrimp, flake food, etc...) Much easier than getting a whole heart and cleaning it yourself.

-Ryan

discuscraze
02-11-2005, 05:19 PM
I would like to get a finished product - just open the bag and feed the fish.

jaydoc
02-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Talk to pat at www.fishdigbeefheart.com. He is willing to prep it any way you want.

troyclark
02-12-2005, 01:42 AM
I just buy it already carved and triple ground from my local slaughter house. They charge me about 2$ a pound for doing it. I freeze it in zip lock bags without adding anything to it. Break off chunks as needed. I only feed it once a day to my growouts and the rest of the feedings get tertra bits. I used to use garlic, spinach, vitamins, etc in my mix until I read that Carol doesn't mix anything with hers. It is alot easier to feed it plain, and my fish like it alot better. They will attack it now instead of pick on it. HTH

mench
02-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Man i wish I could find a place around here that would do up the heart like that....Myself and my local fish buds and get our beefheart mix,called Discus Diet from Frank AKA as Fish king,fish foods..in Chicago.He carries a lot of different frozen foods..prices are not out of line...because we buy so much at one time ..over 100lbs.we get it for around $5.25 a lb...I don't think we can make it ourselves for that price...I have been feeding it to my fish for years and they love it.

Mench

discuscraze
02-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Man i wish I could find a place around here that would do up the heart like that....Myself and my local fish buds and get our beefheart mix,called Discus Diet from Frank AKA as Fish king,fish foods..in Chicago.He carries a lot of different frozen foods..prices are not out of line...because we buy so much at one time ..over 100lbs.we get it for around $5.25 a lb...I don't think we can make it ourselves for that price...I have been feeding it to my fish for years and they love it.

Mench
Is there a website I can look at? What are the ingredients of Discus Diet?

brewmaster15
02-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Discus craze,
I sell my beefheart locally. I'm in Ct. If you are ever up this way or want to visit, let me know. I'm only a few hours from you.

-al

billeagan
02-19-2005, 04:23 PM
Definitely talk to pat at fishdigbeefheart.com its great stuff. You open the bag and it smells like you just made it yourself its so fresh!

Also, look at http://www.aquaticfoods.com/ for blackworms. Great price outstanding quality and his worm keepers are great!

amazing aquatics
02-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Give Cary @ greatlakesdiscus.com A call.