PDA

View Full Version : want to buy pidgeon blood snake discus

madcowl
02-10-2005, 11:05 AM
i am new to discus and i have the fever allready . i have found some incredible looking fish on the web pages here on the net and i am blown away at some of the variations and colors . i was planning a 6 hour round trip to cary strongs great lakes discus this friday but noticed the web site says they will not be open till spring . i know i cant wait till spring so i am wondering if anyone out there has some of the strains i am looking for .

i would be willing to buy 2" and up but was hoping to find young adults in a few colors .

on cary's "great lakes discus" site , he has one listed as a "pidgeon blood snake" , i really like the look of these , and "red leopard snake" , beautiful fish !
i also like the "blue heaven "

i have seen other sites with blue pidgeon bloods that look awesome too . these are an idea of what i am looking for and i am in west michigan . i have shipped some young in from florida but had a bad time with dhl being very late and not keeping the fish warm . i was lucky they lived through it but now i think it's best to get some at the airport so they dont drive around town all day .

i would love to go to cary's so i can see what i want from his huge supply but if it's not possible , like it seems to be ? i will be interested in seeing what you guys have for sale in those strains ? anyone out there with young adults ? if they are pidgeon bloods , i hate to sound snotty but i want to find clean ones only .

thanks for your time and thanks for an awesome web page too . ted evans , ravenna , michigan

madcowl
02-10-2005, 02:23 PM
i have to work saturday and sunday so tommorrow is the only day i can get to cary's place . i saw the phone number on another post so i'll give it a try .

here is another of cary's that i really like . i am hoping to get some of these from him . thanks for any help you guys can give . ted

madcowl
02-10-2005, 02:31 PM
i just left a message on cary's cell phone and hope to get in touch by tommorrow morning . i leave for work in 30 minutes and wont get back till midnight so i am really hoping i can go tommorrow ?

here is another awesome fish from cary's page . i want some of these too . does anyone have any pics of discus they bought from cary ? i'd like to see what yours look like too ? thanks , ted evans

brewmaster15
02-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Hi Ted,
I have purchased from Cary many many times and consider him one of the Best of the Best out There. Many on this site do as well.

If he has fish that you are interested in in stock , You'll like them, and He'll stand by any fish he sells.

Good luck,
al

Northwestcoastdisc
02-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi madcowl,

I have a pair of pidgeon blood snake they are shutting down spawn, They are resting for few month, they will return to spawn.

I have Red Leopard Snakeskin they are young. I hope they will mate pair next summer or fall.

I am going breed them :)

I bought discus from Cary at GLD in the past time.

Duncan

madcowl
02-11-2005, 01:02 AM
well , i have great news , i got in touch with cary and i'm going to his place tomorrow as hoped for .
i cant wait and i'm bringing my digital camera and my tripod and a grip of cash ! (i shouldn't be spending my race car parts money but ??)

i am glad i was able to get in touch and i get to make this trip , i have been looking at the pics for weeks and wanting to get some .

duncan , do you have any pics of your adults ?are you selling them ? i would like to see them ? you can email me direct at racen.ted@verizon.net

i also saw some fantastic blue pidgeons on another site i want to get and may just buy a pair from hans in the usa . here is a pic of what i like , i love the coloring of the blue pidgeons .

i'll let you all know what i buy from cary , i am really anxious to see what he has , wish me luck ! ted

mench
02-11-2005, 09:18 AM
You wrong go wrong with Cary's fish,tell him I said hi.. Post pics

Mench

Carol_Roberts
02-11-2005, 05:27 PM
There is nothing more fun than picking out new fish. Have Cary help you select the best ones he has a really good eye for quality :)

madcowl
02-12-2005, 04:35 AM
well , i made it to carys place and back . it all went fine and cary was great to talk to about the discus.

i bought 4 large adults , pidgeon /leopard? . they are super colorful and just awesome .

i also picked up 5 red leopard young for me and five for the local breeder joe spaniolo that lives nearby .

i bought 3 - 29 gal breeder tanks too .

thanks for the phone # for cary and the advice to buy from him , he really was helpful.
the pic below is of the adults i bought tonight . ted