PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice.

troyclark
02-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Hello all,

I had three 55 gallon tanks with 10 almost full grown red turks in each tank. From these I noticed a pair forming in two tanks. I pulled them after they had laid eggs twice and put them into 29 gallon tanks. Both pairs have tried to spawn with no results (a little young) initially but for the last two months no spawning activity. Since they aren't acting like they want to spawn again, I was wondering if I should put them back in the community tank with the others and see if they pair up with anyone else with better results. 15 of the unpaired turks are now in a 125. Do you think it would induce them to spawn again if I reintroduce them to 125 ??

Thanks

jeep
02-11-2005, 03:09 PM
A pair "forming" doesn't necessarily mean you have a pair. Females pair up all the time :confused:

I would try leaving them in community until they proove themselves once or twice...

troyclark
02-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the reply Jeep, I will go ahead and put them all together again and see what happens. That actually works good as I was looking for tank space to put some passions from Jack in until I can clear out a spare 55 for them. Ever since I saw his passions I have been going crazy talking myself into and out of them. I would hate to lose some by being overanxious. This way the sponge filters are seeded from the 29's. Thanks again.

T-Roy